Advice The Home Improvement/Automation Thread

I water my shit every time is rains wtf is wrong with you people, maples in the desert jfc. Use shit that's native to your area you wouldn't have to do any of this stuff. Want a broad expanse of grass move to the prairie. God the wasted resources on make-work projects you'd think you were all women.

I water my shit every time is rains wtf is wrong with you people, maples in the desert jfc. Use shit that's native to your area you wouldn't have to do any of this stuff. Want a broad expanse of grass move to the prairie. God the wasted resources on make-work projects you'd think you were all women.
They are native to my area, dipstick.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
^ & ^^ - this all TOO MULCH.:mad: There are way to conserve water.

I wondered about a maple in New Mexico too but honestly have no frame of reference for how they do in the heat. Assuming they have water it seems they are good to go.

^ & ^^ - this all TOO MULCH.:mad: There are way to conserve water.

I wondered about a maple in New Mexico too but honestly have no frame of reference for how they do in the heat. Assuming they have water it seems they are good to go.
I live on the Rio Grande river, so there's a relatively high water table. It's not like I'm living in the fucking Mojave or something.

I live on the Rio Grande river, so there's a relatively high water table. It's not like I'm living in the fucking Mojave or something.
You have a lawn - I've seen the pictures.
Well, what kind of maple? Red, Sugar, Bigtooth. Or this?

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
Installed three new sprinkler zones, 7 heads, leveled with 20 tons of topsoil, scarified, slit seeded 200lbs of seed, fertilized and now am watering 3 times a day and patiently waiting for 25,000 sqft of new lawn that is actually made of grass and not weeds and dirt.

Germination! about 7 days in

Put down starter fertilizer and have been watering 3 times a day for 25 minutes per zone.

Looks like i have almost universal germination, a bit slower (1-2 days) in the shady areas.

Don't worry about the lines in the pic, that was an area right near the edge that wasnt crosshatch seeded that will be covered under a deck anyway.