Advice The Home Improvement/Automation Thread

Decided to install some outdoor speakers for the back Shatio.

I have a spare receiver, picked up two legit outdoor speakers, and scored an Apple Airport Express off Ebay that will do Airplay 2, so it'll play music in sync with the HomePods and Sonos we have.

Amazon product ASIN B000CMM202
Sonos wants $400 for their outdoor battery speaker. :rolleyes:

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD
How does it square up with what you figured?

This one's 6" thick re-bar reinforced, with expansion joints on either side (it's bordered by the house on one side, and a cobble path on the other). Gotta hold up to that big bastard of a compressor.
My 24x24 pavers cost me like $8 to make (maybe less, haven't calculated it all yet)? And I don't need any rebar. I could buy them a bit smaller for a bit more, but then I can't experiment with dyes and other shit. Mostly for experience, and I have a lot of time right now.

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
My 24x24 pavers cost me like $8 to make (maybe less, haven't calculated it all yet)? And I don't need any rebar. I could buy them a bit smaller for a bit more, but then I can't experiment with dyes and other shit. Mostly for experience, and I have a lot of time right now.
you got pics of this process?

Yeah, looks like we're on very different paths. Not super comparable.

you got pics of this process?
Pouring the pavers? It's just a couple of forms that I've built a couple forms out of 3/4" melamine (might build more tho). Still working through the entire process of how exactly I want to install them. Most likely just gonna dig up soil, compact/level, weed barrier, pavers.

I’m in the final stages of clear out and clean up so I can list this house. Have to fix a whole in the wall behind the washer (had to replace a valve), caulk a couple things, and some touch up paint.

I’m doing it alone since hubby is already moved to start the new job.

I’m still considering just burning it all down.

My son is out mowing the back yard, yelling at the mower for hitting the dog turds he didn't bother to pick up beforehand.

I'm not sure how to explain the issue to him.
Maybe having him clean off the underside of the mower deck, afterwards, would leave a more lasting impression on his young mind. At least he hasn't broken the mower - yet.:rolleyes:

My son is out mowing the back yard, yelling at the mower for hitting the dog turds he didn't bother to pick up beforehand.

I'm not sure how to explain the issue to him.
yelling at inanimate objects isnt a real great character trait. Better than yelling at animate objects though

• Gravy
Reactions: Josh
Wife suggested today that I put up some of those sail shades over the side yard that's currently a bunch of shitty pea gravel and our wood pile, and putting a nice sturdy workbench and metal working tools out there.

So, I reckon that's what we'll be doing.

I'll find a different spot for the pea gravel and put down some crusher fine, put the anvil out there, and a couple decent outlets for the welder.

• Gravy
Reactions: Valve1138
Wife suggested today that I put up some of those sail shades over the side yard that's currently a bunch of shitty pea gravel and our wood pile, and putting a nice sturdy workbench and metal working tools out there.

So, I reckon that's what we'll be doing.

I'll find a different spot for the pea gravel and put down some crusher fine, put the anvil out there, and a couple decent outlets for the welder.
That's what we're going to do after we finish the pavers. I originally wanted to build a pergola, but not interested in going through the whole permit process for that shit.

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
I supposedly submitted a ticket to Miss Utility to locate the FIOS line out back.

Gonna set some posts for bird feeders, a sun shade, and something to hang some outdoor string lights off of.
ha, good fuckin luck. FIOS has no idea where their sub-contractors lay the line.

That said, your ass is covered by calling miss utility, so when they cut it, you wont get dinged for the new line cost