Advice The Home Improvement/Automation Thread

Went through all my screw bits and drill/driver dealies.

Got the ones I use 90% of the time into two Dewalt borganizers I had, instead of being all over the fucking place.

Now I can grab those two and the new quick change drill bits I bought and be good to go for whatever. Instead of back and forth trying to find shit.

Now I just need to keep them this way.
i just did this too. Threw out all my old crappy bits and kept one good set of drivers, one good set of bits for metal, for wood, forstners, and spade bits

• Gravy
Reactions: Valve1138
Got a new faucet that meets @Mrs. Valve ’s stringent specs.

It’s a U by Moen.

Motion activated.

It also has Alexa. You can tell the fucking thing to dispense 8 ounces of water at 97F and shit.

This pleases the wife immensely for baking purposes.View attachment 12156
nice, that alexa feature is cool as fuck. I didnt know you could also dispense by temp in addition to amount

@Mr. Asa @Mustard Dispenser @wetwille

Ya'll got any tricks for loosening up stiff ball valves. Ive got a couple of 1 1/4 brass ones that I turn with an actuator motor that it struggles with. Not sure what materials the seals in em are, so I dont wanna just willy nilly spray anything down the throat to lubricate

We have so many bats. It's neat, but they aren't doing much for mosquitos here.

It's a balance. If the bats ate all the mosquitos the bats would starve out. To achieve balance you need healthy populations of booths bats and mosquitos. Just like hawks and rabbits or cats and mice.

So-called scientists and biologists are clearly ignorant of this seeing as to this day they still promote the introduction of some species to combat the presence of some other species when all they're really doing is encouraging both.

@Mr. Asa @Mustard Dispenser @wetwille

Ya'll got any tricks for loosening up stiff ball valves. Ive got a couple of 1 1/4 brass ones that I turn with an actuator motor that it struggles with. Not sure what materials the seals in em are, so I dont wanna just willy nilly spray anything down the throat to lubricate
Without knowing the material the seals are made of, and without knowing what they can resist, you might be SOL.
What type of line is it that you're sealing off?

It's a balance. If the bats ate all the mosquitos the bats would starve out. To achieve balance you need healthy populations of booths bats and mosquitos. Just like hawks and rabbits or cats and mice.

So-called scientists and biologists are clearly ignorant of this seeing as to this day they still promote the introduction of some species to combat the presence of some other species when all they're really doing is encouraging both.
The point is that if they were eating more, I wouldn't have to buy a fancy mosquito killer.

I finally hung up the shitty Feit LED "Edison" bulb string lights on the pergola over the patio.

Gonna run a conduit up there and put an outdoor fan on it after I replace the shitty slats up top with nice 2x2s. The climbing rose is actually climbing, and should be into the canopy next year.

• Gravy
Reactions: Josh
That really limits a lot of shit. Have you tried just working them by hand until they are loose?

yeah, i gave em about 30 open close cycles. Theyre full 360 valves, something i considered was hooking up the valve stem to a high torque drill and just giving it a couple hundred revolutions with the drill to really get em worked in

yeah, i gave em about 30 open close cycles. Theyre full 360 valves, something i considered was hooking up the valve stem to a high torque drill and just giving it a couple hundred revolutions with the drill to really get em worked in
Seen it done to bed in rings in an outboard engine.
Slow speed to avoid heating anything up.

Maybe a foodsafe lubricant?

That's the point, we don't have a healthy population of mosquitos. We have an overabundance. :(