Advice The Home Improvement/Automation Thread

Elevation is the key.
Had some family friends that lived in Glenwood Springs?? Somewhere in CO around 6000 ft. anyway.

No mosquitos.

Oddly the town didn't own any snow removal equipment either. Was in some weird microclimate that just didn't get much snow. Dry maybe. Or on the wrong/right side of a mountain or something.

Strange place.
I've been to Glenwood Springs a couple decades ago. Loved taking a swim in the natural springs (heated to 106F or something) after a long day on the ski slopes. Was snowing too while swimming.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
  • Gravy
Reactions: fly
You got any recommendations on one?

edit: This seems pretty neat
Amazon product ASIN B077ZMVMGD
thats the one. Then you dont have to buy their proprietary propane bottles.

They getcha though, the pads you have to replace every 12 hours are much more expensive if you dont buy them as a package with the little propane bottles. You can buy knockoff china pads.... but i wouldnt.

Also be aware that Allethrin is unpleasant for cats. So dont let em sit right next to the thermacell or anything

thats the one. Then you dont have to buy their proprietary propane bottles.

They getcha though, the pads you have to replace every 12 hours are much more expensive if you dont buy them as a package with the little propane bottles. You can buy knockoff china pads.... but i wouldnt.

Also be aware that Allethrin is unpleasant for cats. So dont let em sit right next to the thermacell or anything
Yeah, I saw that. We've got waaay too many outdoor cats, so I'll prolly skip it.

We bought one of those thermacell things for camping, the one that takes the butane bottles (aka curling iron bottles)

It does jack shit, in our experience.

I don't have traps, dyna or otherwise. I just figure mosquitos are part of being outside. You can be one with nature or you can be a pussy. Take yer pick.
If being a pussy means I don't get to walk around work after a camping trip, scratching myself like some kind of meth addict, then I'll be a pussy.

Speaking of electrical receptacles, I *hate* these stupid fucking child safe receptacles. Need to be He-man to plug anything in. Why can't children just plug a fork into the outlet and learn their lesson?

I remember the first jolt I got like it was yesterday. I was touching the prongs on the plug when I stuck it into the outlet and ZAP black fingers.

I went running to mommy who didn’t seem to care at all. And she didn’t either, because I was the sixth of seven kids.

No, I wasn’t in my 20s.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer and Josh
I remember the first jolt I got like it was yesterday. I was touching the prongs on the plug when I stuck it into the outlet and ZAP black fingers.

I went running to mommy who didn’t seem to care at all. And she didn’t either, because I was the sixth of seven kids.

No, I wasn’t in my 20s.
I also remember mine. Scared the shit out of me that I couldn't let go.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant