Advice The Home Improvement/Automation Thread

we also have a fuckton of mosquitoes here in WI :/ so I don't recommend moving here, I think you'd have to move to someplace like Nunavut to escape them
No, they're even worse up north.

Worst bugs I've ever experienced in my life were in Labrador.

• Gravy
Reactions: Josh
Yeah when even the moose, elk, and deer get pissed off by the bugs you know its a problem. Tons of mosquitoes this year around my place too. Although I've noticed this year I've become hypersensitive to them. I.e. I hear them near me, I feel them the instant they land and feel when they inject into my skin. I thought they hit you with an anesthetic to keep you from swatting them while they drink your blood. Either way they are dead once they land on me. I haven't found a bug spray that doesn't leave you all greasy feeling. 40% DEET Off Woods stuff works really well though. So I try to just spray my hat and wear long sleeves so I don't feel or smell so bad at the end of the night.

So I sat the AC unit on a bench and pointed its ass at the window itll be mounted in, shut the big door a the back door and fired it up, and despite hot air blasting in the window & things not being sealed up properly yet, it actually started to cool it off in there
I am please

• Gravy
Reactions: Valve1138
@HipHugHer - what'ya think? Free chicken food machine?
mine only catches moths it seems

so many moths
[/QUOTE]
Does the Ti02 deteriorate and need replacing or how does it keep making CO2?

Lot of them do it by burning propane. A fucking shitload of propane over time. So much you may as well say they do it buy propane, nyuck, nyuck, but they work.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
:dont: goddamn, nowhere is safe

Elevation is the key.
Had some family friends that lived in Glenwood Springs?? Somewhere in CO around 6000 ft. anyway.

No mosquitos.

Oddly the town didn't own any snow removal equipment either. Was in some weird microclimate that just didn't get much snow. Dry maybe. Or on the wrong/right side of a mountain or something.

Strange place.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant and Josh
The mosquitos in TX are tiny compared to the ones up in God's Country, just like the deer. Hard to see those little fuckers.

Still remember going outside as a kid at night and hearing this high pitched almost singing sound all over the place. The sound of millions if not billions of mosquito wings.

mine only catches moths it seems

so many moths
Does the Ti02 deteriorate and need replacing or how does it keep making CO2?

Lot of them do it by burning propane. A fucking shitload of propane over time. So much you may as well say they do it buy propane, nyuck, nyuck, but they work.
[/QUOTE]
i think its good for like 10 years or something, its a thick coat that just continually decays

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Elevation is the key.
Had some family friends that lived in Glenwood Springs?? Somewhere in CO around 6000 ft. anyway.

No mosquitos.

Oddly the town didn't own any snow removal equipment either. Was in some weird microclimate that just didn't get much snow. Dry maybe. Or on the wrong/right side of a mountain or something.

Strange place.
My parents are at 6500 and we regularly camped around 8k feet. Mosquitoes live up there just like everywhere else. Those buggers are worse than cockroaches.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Yeah when even the moose, elk, and deer get pissed off by the bugs you know its a problem. Tons of mosquitoes this year around my place too. Although I've noticed this year I've become hypersensitive to them. I.e. I hear them near me, I feel them the instant they land and feel when they inject into my skin. I thought they hit you with an anesthetic to keep you from swatting them while they drink your blood. Either way they are dead once they land on me. I haven't found a bug spray that doesn't leave you all greasy feeling. 40% DEET Off Woods stuff works really well though. So I try to just spray my hat and wear long sleeves so I don't feel or smell so bad at the end of the night.
CVS Total Home is Consumer Reports top rated spray and is pretty cheap. Also everyone is making 'dry' spray these days, maybe check that out?

• Gravy
Reactions: Josh