Advice The Home Improvement/Automation Thread

Replaced the outlets and light switches in the main floor powder room.

Replaced a light switch and three-way dimmer Setup in the dining room with two Lutron Caseta dimmers and a Pico remote.

Did the outlets last week.

Slowly making my way through the house.

Still have to do the living room, sun room, family room, 2 guest baths, 3 guest rooms, foyer, upstairs hallway, and garage.

Since we're spending so much time outside, I picked up a Dynatrap. Hopefully it will greatly reduce the mosquito, and more importantly, no-see-um populations.

• Gravy
Reactions: APRIL and wetwillie
Since we're spending so much time outside, I picked up a Dynatrap. Hopefully it will greatly reduce the mosquito, and more importantly, no-see-um populations.

i like the part where they dehydrate and die

[/QUOTE]

@HipHugHer - what'ya think? Free chicken food machine?

@HipHugHer - what'ya think? Free chicken food machine?
[/QUOTE]
mine only catches moths it seems

so many moths

The propane traps work a whole lot better than the light traps. Mosquitos are attracted to heat and CO2 far more than a light bulb.

We had the fridge running off propane in the camper last week, and it was crazy watching them hang out around the fridge outlet vent. I'm seriously contemplating building some kind of bug zapper that just goes over that vent.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer and Josh
The propane traps work a whole lot better than the light traps. Mosquitos are attracted to heat and CO2 far more than a light bulb.

We had the fridge running off propane in the camper last week, and it was crazy watching them hang out around the fridge outlet vent. I'm seriously contemplating building some kind of bug zapper that just goes over that vent.
The trap Mustard bought produces CO2 - and a little methane.

the dynatrap is cool, it generates C02 through exposing a titanium dioxide coating to UV, which actually puts off a LOT of c02