Advice The Home Improvement/Automation Thread

Those are all over down here and cheap. I thought about doing it when we were replacing our water heater, but the roof was going to need to be replaced - and the hybrid one we got works pretty well.

my hybrid is great so far too

You can just put a really long water hose on the roof. It's solar and it's free.
you joke but thats essentially what the solar water heaters are is a bigass coiled hose with a temperature controlled pressure release. Put water in hose array, monitor temp of water, release water into insulated tank when hot, repeat

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer and OOD
You can just put a really long water hose on the roof. It's solar and it's free.
I love that free warm water!
You've reminded me I need another one of these. Hosing off with cold water sucks. Woah - I didn't know those chicks came along for the ride on the pic. Suppose they would heat things up too. :hi2u: camp shower.jpeg

• Gravy
Reactions: OOD
you joke but thats essentially what the solar water heaters are is a bigass coiled hose with a temperature controlled pressure release. Put water in hose array, monitor temp of water, release water into insulated tank when hot, repeat
I thought they all had a heat exchanger, but I looked it up and it looks like that's only up north.

how does that work... i thought pretty much anywhere on earth the temp 3 feet underground is about 50 degrees

Water pipes are only buried a foot down here. No frost line.
Lower than the average rototiller digs but you'll hit em digging a post hole in the wrong spot.

I thought they all had a heat exchanger, but I looked it up and it looks like that's only up north.

Ever hold your hand in front of a garden hose that's been laying in the sun? No need for anything more. Same concept as a camping solar shower just bigger.