Advice The Home Improvement/Automation Thread

Well this drill is several years old, gets used mostly for driving screws and stupid shit like this instead of drilling holes, got dropped 10 feet off a roof once and still works fine.

It came with a couple of the thin 20V packs. I can drive wood screws into shit for most of an hour before the battery goes dead, but the other one on the charger is ready by that time so I can switch 'em and keep going.
yup
came with 2 batteries & a charger
used it today
I think it will do nicely

• Gravy
Reactions: Valve1138
Started putting in the ceiling fan on the screen porch.

Got the box up with a 2x4 cross brace and lag screws. Got the 14/3 wire run and tied into the outdoor j-box I put in in place of the light fixture that was on the wall next to the door.

Next up is hanging the fan, installing the paddles, and putting in the fan controller in place of the toggle switch that's in there now.

Had to get the big step ladder out since it's a vaulted cieling. Not really a fan of being up that high.

• Gravy
Reactions: Domon
Interesting thing I learned about the Powerwalls.

If you compare the charge level that the app shows you to what the direct web site built into the Powerwall Gateway show you, the app always reads 4% lower.

The direct reading is the real one.

They fudged it on the app so the battery is never at 0% charge, but they let you think it is.