Advice The Home Improvement/Automation Thread

Got this shit in my office. They're fine'ish. The shelves are made out of particle board and I've had to put little L brackets to support them.

I think I'd like to recut the shelves for the right and left sides out of 3/4" plywood and add a hardwood lip to the front.

Then somehow figure out how to get the gigantic receiver I have into one of the cabinets. It's a few inches too deep.

And my 50" TV would go in the middle, with a center channel speaker. And put a left and right speaker in the appropriate spots.

Move the desk to the opposite wall.

Also the paint job is bullshit. They sprayed it, too heavy. I know this because they didn't bother to cover up the internals of the recessed lighting. There are little drippy spots and shit. :waw:

And take all the junk out. :fly:

IMG_0394.jpeg

Last edited:
at least its painted so you dont have to be super precise.

the shelves seem to have a nice profile edge on them

thats a pretty nice looking setup to be honest. How much do you have to shift the middle area to fit the 50 inch tv?

Got this shit in my office. They're fine'ish. The shelves are made out of particle board and I've had to put little L brackets to support them.

I think I'd like to recut the shelves for the right and left sides out of 3/4" plywood and add a hardwood lip to the front.

Then somehow figure out how to get the gigantic receiver I have into one of the cabinets. It's a few inches too deep.

And my 50" TV would go in the middle, with a center channel speaker. And out a left and right speaker in the appropriate spots.

Move the desk to the opposite wall.

Also the paint job is bullshit. They sprayed it, too heavy. I know this because they didn't bother to cover up the internals of the recessed lighting. There are little drippy spots and shit. :waw:

And take all the junk out. :fly:

View attachment 10591
Just because you have a TV doesn't mean you need to mount it.

FFS, don't you already have enough screens in the house?