Advice The Home Improvement/Automation Thread

How likely is "likely"?

Can you put a number on it, or is this going to be like your Tesla arguments, where we're all wrong because you say so?
I'm not sure. AFAIK, there isn't any science being done to study the possible effects of mass adoption of 'renewable' energy. It's really just something I thought about while taking a shit one day. Relax.

Slurping off energy that has been used to balance the planet for 4 billion years *could* have some unknown effect. That doesn't seem too insane to me, but if it does to you, I suggest you stay angry that I said it.

I'm not sure. AFAIK, there isn't any science being done to study the possible effects of mass adoption of 'renewable' energy. It's really just something I thought about while taking a shit one day. Relax.

Slurping off energy that has been used to balance the planet for 4 billion years *could* have some unknown effect. That doesn't seem too insane to me, but if it does to you, I suggest you stay angry that I said it.
K, I will.

We're not slurping it off, the energy, both solar and wind, was/is being absorbed by the planet. We'd merely be redirecting it. Energy isn't lost by using it. That energy is coming at us no matter what. What we need to do is to stop using the energy stored in the f'n ground because the planet itself doesn't need any more energy.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes and Jehannum
Can’t wait till we’re net metering.

191105724IMG0117.png

We're not slurping it off, the energy, both solar and wind, was/is being absorbed by the planet. We'd merely be redirecting it. Energy isn't lost by using it. That energy is coming at us no matter what. What we need to do is to stop using the energy stored in the f'n ground because the planet itself doesn't need any more energy.
Goddamit you tool, I understand the how thermodynamics works.

Do you people really find it impossible that mass adoption of renewables could change the energy cycle in ways we don't understand?