Advice The Home Improvement/Automation Thread

Maybe his friend will pussy out after a few loads and you'll still get a decent stash. Here's to wishing you get lots of wood ;)
Or he'll take the trunk, turn it into live edge furniture to sell to hipsters, and leave me with the branches.

Which would still make a good mix of smoke wood, firepit wood and mulch.

• Love
Reactions: wetwillie
Or he'll take the trunk, turn it into live edge furniture to sell to hipsters, and leave me with the branches.

Which would still make a good mix of smoke wood, firepit wood and mulch.
Yeah you take what you can get. I heard neighbors having a big ass oak cut down, by time I got there it was nothing but chips - they had brought one of those monsters where they can feed in a 1 meter diameter tree and it doesn't even burp. I did get a huge pile of chips. I was growing mushrooms heavily at time so it all worked out nice for that and mulch. :p

I'm somewhat tired of live edge furniture at this point. I see quite a few guys on craigs in this area with nice live edge wood - race to the bottom on pricing. DItto with firewood, you can hardly give it away there is so much available here.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Yeah you take what you can get. I heard neighbors having a big ass oak cut down, by time I got there it was nothing but chips - they had brought one of those monsters where they can feed in a 1 meter diameter tree and it doesn't even burp. I did get a huge pile of chips. I was growing mushrooms heavily at time so it all worked out nice for that and mulch. :p

I'm somewhat tired of live edge furniture at this point. I see quite a few guys on craigs in this area with nice live edge wood - race to the bottom on pricing. DItto with firewood, you can hardly give it away there is so much available here.

Still got a wide slice of a big ol pecan from our old neighborhood (now high rise condos and crap) enough for a bass and guitar top. Something in between these. Not as much figure as the bass but a bit more than the guitar in some spots. Can lay it out so the most figured spots aren't covered up by hardware.
Or your arm while you're playing.

alex_handmade_guitar.jpgSpaltedPecanBass_Full_Vert-1.png

• Gravy
  • Love
Reactions: nukes and wetwillie
Still got a wide slice of a big ol pecan from our old neighborhood (now high rise condos and crap) enough for a bass and guitar top. Something in between these. Not as much figure as the bass but a bit more than the guitar in some spots. Can lay it out so the most figured spots aren't covered up by hardware.

View attachment 8565View attachment 8566
4 of my 6 basses are natural wood. I approve of this idea :)

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Pretty sweet deal if you don't want to roll your own smart garage door opener. $30

Amazon product ASIN B075H7Z5L8
I have this. The installation was very annoying. Took awhile to get it to connect to my wireless network, futzing with the app, typing in the wireless network and password numerous times, etc. Also initially, the sensors don't read properly occasionally. It would say door was open and but actually wasn't. Since the new update of the app, things have been smoother.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly

View attachment 8565View attachment 8566
What happened to that pickup ring? Everything looks great until it looks like the pickup grew on human growth hormone.

4 of my 6 basses are natural wood. I approve of this idea :)

Both my main players are. Still want to refinish the Carvin in 2-step but can't commit to my ideas. :)

Got a stain called Merlot that literally looks like the wine. Was gonna put that in the grain then the same golden/dark yellow over the top.
One day it seems like it would look fabulous and the next just gaudy purple-n-yellow.
Might depend on what you're wearing. Could get some pimp clothes and start a funk band lol.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
Only been to the IKEA here once. Screw that place.

And anything made out of glued together sawdust in general.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes