Advice The Home Improvement/Automation Thread

Yes. fly's kinda short, that would take out a kneecap on him.:p
If you're walking in you have to fiddle with the door anyway - your hands will be empty when going back to the car so you hit the latching mech then. However, would be nice either direction if someone was behind you with arms full. I like it. Despite it's slightly vulnerable position.
MIddle of the door isn't end of the world. ffs.

If I ever build a house I'm building everything to ADA spec before I need it. Wide doorways, wide hallways, fewer but bigger rooms, high outlets and low switches, roll-in shower stall, everything, including screen/storm door closers, at wheelchair height in advance.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
I've had the same two pigeons go under my solar panels to construct a nest and lay two eggs four times since March. Each time they do, go up on the roof, sweep the nest out from underneath (which either destroys the eggs on the roof or lets them roll down onto the driveway), and shoo them away.

I think I need to make some wire barriers that mount up to the sides of the panels that will keep them out from underneath :/

what if they seek asylum under your solar panels

Shower door doesn't close well. Should I shave it where it's stuck? Is there a lathe for aluminum?

Look at the anchors where it's hinged on the other side of the door. Something is loose or has moved there. Assuming wife or kids didn't slam it repeatedly/kick the shit out of it.

Could be anything from a loose bolt or anchor to the whole house settling.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
Pigeons don't chew wiring. They're not blocking the top side of the panels. What really is the harm from them nesting Under the panel?

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
Look at the anchors where it's hinged on the other side of the door. Something is loose or has moved there. Assuming wife or kids didn't slam it repeatedly/kick the shit out of it.

Could be anything from a loose bolt or anchor to the whole house settling.
Assume the kid DOES slam it. Loudly! I'll check that out tho thanks.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Assume the kid DOES slam it. Loudly! I'll check that out tho thanks.

After enough of that the frame (around the glass) will get bent out of true square. Or the mounting worked loose. Some may be more simple repair, some not.

Could try to "twist" the door back in to shape. Might work for a while, might not. Some of that stuff once it gets out of whack it never really gets "right" again, at least not easily.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
They knock off the wiring clips, shit on the junctions, and break the panels from behind.

I admittedly don't know a whole lot about large solar panels. Are they really that delicate underneath? Have easily tampered with wiring, etc.? It seems they'd be designed to withstand storm force winds, hail, falling branches, etc. and yes, birds, squirrels, roof rats, various chewing and nesting and shitting things.