Advice The Home Improvement/Automation Thread

What the fuck...
paying 2.5x minimum wage too, so its not like im dredging the bottom of the barrel.

Basic requirements: read my ad, respond with what i asked for (full name, phone #, reference), and dont have violent or theft convictions.

So far, 1 candidate out of 17 has met the criteria.

Groovy.

I'm not interested in a NG generator, like a lot of people do here with their solar installs.

What's the point of putting solar panels up if you can't use them when the powers out.
What's the point of living in a place where the power's unreliable?

I haven't had a >10 minute power outage here, ever. All the important shit is on UPSs.

If you need 18KW, you've obviously got some seriously heavy duty appliances, the kind that will make a powerwall shit its pants if it tries to start when the power's out.

Groovy.

I'm not interested in a NG generator, like a lot of people do here with their solar installs.

What's the point of putting solar panels up if you can't use them when the powers out.
Well, if you have a severe hail storm you'll be out of power whenever your batteries run out. But hey, the $3000 NG generator(granted I did install) ran for 8-9 days straight after the hail storm.
18 kw seems a bit overkill. most modern households aren't using even 1/3 of that, even with the AC running.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Well, if you have a severe hail storm you'll be out of power whenever your batteries run out. But hey, the $3000 NG generator(granted I did install) ran for 8-9 days straight after the hail storm.
18 kw seems a bit overkill. most modern households aren't using even 1/3 of that, even with the AC running.
I have 5400KWh banked with the power company's net metering program from my puny 4.8KW system, but I've only got one TV, one server, and 2500 square feet. #PovertyHouse #NoManCave

I have 5400KWh banked with the power company's net metering program from my puny 4.8KW system, but I've only got one TV, one server, and 2500 square feet. #PovertyHouse #NoManCave
So(curious), how would this banking work if there was a major storm or something else that interrupted the grid?

*We use 900-1500 kwh/month. 2800 square feet, 2 tvs, several computers and 5 kilns. People might call BS because they know somebody that does pottery who moans about the electric. Glasswork uses a lot less. Like maybe 1/5-1/8, depending. Mainly due to better insulating materials and there being no need to "cook" glass".