Advice The Home Improvement/Automation Thread

why do you need gfci though? code generally doesnt require it on 240v circuits
Agreed - it's not part of the current flow as it is in 120 circuit. Not the ground wire, the actual earth grounding(or through the utility drop,etc.). But not a bad Idea to run a ground wire so you can ground the cabinet of a 220/240 device, so if a hot were to touch the cabinet it would pop the breaker. Or hopefully provide a better path to ground than your body - although, system grounding is sometimes lost or poor and the grounded cabinet becomes a liability in it's own right. Neither ground wires or neutrals are truly safe if any breaker in the box is in the on position and has a device connected. You present better ground potential than the grounding system and the ground wires or neutral can fry ya.

@fly actiontiles is goddamn fantastic. I hadnt used it since its smarttiles free days when it was a little janky. Its a super polished product now

@fly actiontiles is goddamn fantastic. I hadnt used it since its smarttiles free days when it was a little janky. Its a super polished product now
I'd love to use it, in fact I think I paid for it. However, I don't see any good way to mount tablets on the wall without a ton of fucking work.

I was about to mention you could just recess a plug/box in the wall so the charger doesn't stand proud. Simple.
Even comes with a built in hook that is trapped to the box by the screw. Done & done. For a round one they have floor outlet like that to, though I don't think HD carries those. Gotta go to a hardware that caters to a more elite clientele.