Advice The Home Improvement/Automation Thread

Idk about how things are where you are locally. Here, and in most cities of appreciable size, there are places that have really good quality stuff, they just don't do anything the retail places do.

No billboards, mass media marketing, or names on NASCAR's. No fancy storefronts or showrooms on main streets with all the other business. And no low quality product.

What they do have is high quality stuff that people who make high quality stuff buy from them at their location in some non-descript industrial/warehouse area half the population isn't even aware exists.

Here, I haven't found one yet that wouldn't sell me what I wanted. No need to be a licensed carpenter or business or whatever. They just cater to people like that. Don't know if that part of it would be different where you are.

Business license might get you a wholesale price, or they'll have price breaks for quantities only a business would be buying, but they'll sell me what I want. Price is obvs. something higher than a big box but the quality is so much higher it's nuts.
Same here. Small purchasing office at the place appears to have 5-6 employees total, including the stocking person for the small amount of small quantity hardware they have. Not a stick of wood to be seen outside the 4 big buildings behind it. Nothing but clean, quality wood inside. I was doing some construction at a church and the pastor told me about. Now there's spreading the good word. :)

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
This fucking thing.

Problem is that it works.

18120549IMG0298.jpg

Did they paint around it or under/behind it? Either is proper terminology for the placement relationship between the intercom and wall.

Probably a shadow from the pixel 3 camera phone with the professional grade lense attachment.

Probably a shadow from the pixel 3 camera phone with the professional grade lense attachment.
:case: He referenced wanting to replace it. I was referencing that if the painters just went around it, there is gonna be an odd colored rectangle in the shape of a 1969 Nutone intercome on his wall. And that maybe they'd want the $2k he was under budget to come back . . . . .

Thank God it's time to leave work(and UF) - crap, gave them 10 minutes extra!!!!!!!. Wife won't be coming home because she has to go to hospital to see her aunt get the "plug pulled". yeah, that death crap. Somehow I think she won't be jabbering to me about that much.:rolleyes: Maybe she'll want comfort sex.:egads:

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
:case: He referenced wanting to replace it. I was referencing that if the painters just went around it, there is gonna be an odd colored rectangle in the shape of a 1969 Nutone intercome on his wall. And that maybe they'd want the $2k he was under budget to come back . . . . .

Thank God it's time to leave work(and UF) - crap, gave them 10 minutes extra!!!!!!!. Wife won't be coming home because she has to go to hospital to see her aunt get the "plug pulled". yeah, that death crap. Somehow I think she won't be jabbering to me about that much.:rolleyes: Maybe she'll want comfort sex.:egads:

Sorry, Ed.
Help her out the best you can, that's all anybody can ask.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
how in the world does anything come under budget for a job like that. Material is fixed, and hourly rates could have just as easily seen you pay double if they slowed things way down to rack up the bills.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie