Advice The Home Improvement/Automation Thread

Anyone using DLNA with SmartThings? I'm trying to figure out how to get ST to talk over my new receiver, without it interfering with audio playback when we're watching TV. @Domon any idea if that's possible?

Are they shitty half-metric half-imperial bearings like the ones in my furnace?

Good job on planning to replace the broken part instead of just throwing the motor out for a new one.
Tis all metric.

When researching, half the people said fuck the bearings. It's too much work, just replace the motor. Uhhh, the bearings are $30 and the motor is like $250. Also, it was really about two hours worth of work and most of that was due to one of the mounting bolts breaking it's weld to the base plate forcing me to cut it off. Either way, I saved money, but most importantly learned something new.

Tis all metric.

When researching, half the people said fuck the bearings. It's too much work, just replace the motor. Uhhh, the bearings are $30 and the motor is like $250. Also, it was really about two hours worth of work and most of that was due to one of the mounting bolts breaking it's weld to the base plate forcing me to cut it off. Either way, I saved money, but most importantly learned something new.
Good job

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
Tis all metric.

Same with my furnace motor. $200 for a new one, when I can do it with $30 in bearings that aren't made in China?

Unfortunately, I had to turn some bushings to adapt the metric bearing to the imperial shaft (it takes a 6203 metric bearing on the outside, and a 1/2" shaft).

Why would I say that? As long as he turned off the breaker, and doesn't put his fingers over any caps he's fine

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

Also, not even sure he has to do that. It's a bearing. Doesn't have anything to do with electrical

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk