The holiday drank 'n grub thread

Applesauce

The Gypsy-The Acid Queen
Dec 9, 2008
Marklar
₥3,143
So, stop being a scrooge and admit that yo momma made you some shit at Christmas that you still remember and love.

Share your holiday grub recipes. Everyone has something to rave about!

Also, most get a drank or two on during the season, share that, too!

I stumbled upon these holiday drank recipes, and I'm definitely going to stock up on a few booze items to make some of these!!

These are definitely on my list:

214owzr.jpg

Mocha Nog Punch
10 parts Kahlua Mocha
5 parts Absolut Vanilla
20 parts Egg nog

Combine ingredients and serve in a punchbowl with a floating ice block.

263tz75.jpg

Bonbon of the Vanities
While martini purists may balk, everybody has a sweet tooth and the Bonbon of the Vanities hits all the stops.

1.7 oz Russian Standard vodka
.85 oz Banana liquor
.85 oz Peach liquor
2.7 oz Orange juice
.33 oz Grenadine

Fill 1/3 shaker with ice before adding ingredients. Shale for 3-5 seconds, add 3 ice cubes to a high ball glass and strain the mixture over ice. Add Grenadine and garnish with an orange slice.

219z5ae.jpg

Depaz Hottie
1 lb Brown Sugar
2 oz Depaz Cane Syrup
1/4 lb Butter
Pinch of Salt
4 oz Fresh Apple Cider
1/2 tsp Nutmeg
1/2 tsp Cinnamon

Blend the ingredients noted above together and bring to a boil before removing from the heat.

Individual Preparation: Using the above cocktail base, select an appropriate mug. Then addÂ…
2 heaping tablespoons of the prepared cocktail base
2.0 oz Depaz Blue Cane Amber Rhum
Approximately 6.0 oz. of hot water

2ym62r9.jpg

Lillypad
1 1/2 oz Milagro Silver Tequila
1/2 oz Lillet Blanc
1/2 oz Lillet Rouge
1 1/2 oz Apple Juice
1/4 oz agave nectar
1/4 oz fresh lime juice

Combine ingredients and shake well. Serve up in a cocktail glass. Garnish with a blood orange wheel

rbzcbc.jpg

Cappuccino Up
2 oz. Stoli Vanil
1.5 oz Espresso
1.5 oz Simple syrup

Shake contents together with a small amount of ice. Pour and spoon out foam on top. Sprinkle cinnamon and raw sugar on topand garnish with a graham cracker piece.

These are just a few to name from this link:
http://www.marieclaire.com/celebrit...ipes-christmas?src=nl&mag=mar&list=mhb&kw=ist

There are sooooooooo many more awesome/unique drunks here!

Fcking lol@this forest drink.
2lc5sux.jpg

Drank up, bitches! Git yo grub on!

Hmmmm, well Christmas dinner in Canada was often a lot like Thanksgiving dinner, since after two months we were ready for turkey again.

The only specific food I ever associated with Christmas, besides eggnog (with rum or canadian whiskey) is Quality Street chocolates. We'd always have a tin or two hanging around.

Blue one, green one, and purple one ftw.

Last edited:
Ugh, I am soooo tired of Turkey for every holiday! Last year, I made a ham and a roasted chicken and they were a big hit! Who doesn't like either one??

My dad usually makes a salt crust prime rib for Xmas. It's delish.

Salt Crust Prime Rib
(serves six to eight)
1 5 lb. Prime Rib Roast
6 Cups Kosher Salt
3 Egg Whites
1 Cup chopped fresh herbs (parsley, chives, thyme etc.)
Fresh Ground Pepper

Mix the Salt and egg whites in a large bowl to create a stiff, snow-like consistency. Cover the roast with pepper and the herbs. Place one third of the salt in a pan and place the roast on top. Pack the rest of the salt around the roast until it is completely covered and encased tightly. Cook in a 350 degree oven for 25 minutes per pound of roast or until a thermometer reads 130 degrees. Remove from the oven and let stand 30 minutes before slicing. Remove the salt crust at the table with a hammer for a dramatic flair.

Ugh, I am soooo tired of Turkey for every holiday! Last year, I made a ham and a roasted chicken and they were a big hit! Who doesn't like either one??
We sometimes did ham. In Texas I've had beef tenderloin and tamales for Christmas dinner before.

On Christmas Eve we would have a fondue. It was a Christmas tradition for someone or something to get burned.

Christmas Eve for Men
ingredients: whiskey
optional: glass

directions: 1)pour whiskey in glass. 2) Pour contents of glass into mouth 3) Repeat.

My dad usually makes a salt crust prime rib for Xmas. It's delish.

Salt Crust Prime Rib
(serves six to eight)
1 5 lb. Prime Rib Roast
6 Cups Kosher Salt
3 Egg Whites
1 Cup chopped fresh herbs (parsley, chives, thyme etc.)
Fresh Ground Pepper

Mix the Salt and egg whites in a large bowl to create a stiff, snow-like consistency. Cover the roast with pepper and the herbs. Place one third of the salt in a pan and place the roast on top. Pack the rest of the salt around the roast until it is completely covered and encased tightly. Cook in a 350 degree oven for 25 minutes per pound of roast or until a thermometer reads 130 degrees. Remove from the oven and let stand 30 minutes before slicing. Remove the salt crust at the table with a hammer for a dramatic flair.

also works REALLY well with whole fish

We sometimes did ham. In Texas I've had beef tenderloin and tamales for Christmas dinner before.

On Christmas Eve we would have a fondue. It was a Christmas tradition for someone or something to get burned.
Ive heard of people having big ol' seafood feasts, too. So, whatever floats your boat!

Do you guys have mulled wine? That's the only holiday thing that I drink every year. My dad used to order a different meat every Xmas, we even had a japanese style buffet one year just because he fancied trying it out. This year he's ordered a goose from a local farm.