GAY The happy day, we all love everybody thread. Throw an insult in here and win a free ban.

my son is so lucky......he has his great, great, grandmother alive (he calls her "3G").....his great grandmother (calls her "GG")......and two grandmothers ("gramma" and "nana").......plus a step grandmother

as well as his two grandfathers
My son got to meet 3 of his great grandmothers though I doubt he'll remember. Only 1 grandmother though :(

she was 83
How old was everyone when they had kids? My mom was one of the younger ones of the family and I was the youngest. She had me at 32 and then I was 30 when I had my son. Didn't mean to wait so long to have kids but it is what it is.

ok, what do ya'll call your in-laws.

Like your wifes mom and dad, or your husbands mom and dad. What do you refer to em as when you talk to them.
Nothing. Really I haven't addressed them in years by any name. I probably call them their first names, but that's because I have an issue with Mami as I used to complain about my own "mommy dearest" I think they told me to call them by their first names too.

Luis calls my dad by his first name but really it makes me cringe. I'd rather him call him Dad like my SIL does. Not sure why but it bugs me.

How old was everyone when they had kids? My mom was one of the younger ones of the family and I was the youngest. She had me at 32 and then I was 30 when I had my son. Didn't mean to wait so long to have kids but it is what it is.

Great grandma was 17 when grandma was born. Grandma was 16 when mom was born and mom was 19 when I was born (but 15 when my sister was born)

Great grandma was 17 when grandma was born. Grandma was 16 when mom was born and mom was 19 when I was born (but 15 when my sister was born)
That does explain more. My grandmother was normal for the time for getting married and having kids, but there's something like 15 years between the oldest and youngest. My mom also had fertility issues. Mine were dumb but still there. Glad that my son was able to meet a few grandparents at least.

• Gravy
Reactions: Puff Dabby
My son got to meet 3 of his great grandmothers though I doubt he'll remember. Only 1 grandmother though :(

Luis calls my dad by his first name but really it makes me cringe. I'd rather him call him Dad like my SIL does. Not sure why but it bugs me.
At least he'll have pictures with them.

And I alternate between his first name and Dad, because he doesn't always respond to Dad. Your SIL dos as well.

At least he'll have pictures with them.

And I alternate between his first name and Dad, because he doesn't always respond to Dad. Your SIL dos as well.
Except for one - but that's okay. She was in the last stages of dementia when he was a baby.

My dad doesn't always hear well - he tunes things out like a certain son of yours ;) so just say it louder. We have to do it too. I don't recall my SIL doing that at all because of her background respect for elders is huge. My BIL I know calls him by his first name.