Ontopic The Great Christmas Wonder Gift Thread

I haven't owned a TV in 6 years now. Any time I try to watch any of these shows I get bored within 5-7 minutes. I'm usually walking away by the first commercial break.

ive never owned a tv (or more correctly, never purchased (or "borrowed") tv service. Best ive ever had was very very very snowy (think polar bear in a snowstorm) reception for the olympics once via rabbit ears.

But internets now. I still dont watch much tv, but ive seen all of Game of Thrones, first two seasons of battlestar, first two seasons of 24, 3 seasons of eureka, and a few other small things here or there.

Most recently, the Blood and Chrome miniseries for battlestar, which was actually pretty awesome. I wish scifi had picked it up, it was good. Way better than caprica.

I love top gear (uk)
Ive been catching up on Community lately, I like that one a lot.
Loved Arrested Development
Big Bang is ok
Louie is awesome
Wilfred (us) is another great one
Other shows I like
Copper (on the bbc)
SoA
The Walking Dead
Breaking Bad
Sherlock (on the bbc, again)
Thats all I can think of right now

What about Community?

Shows that people claim to be great, but i have zero interest in:

Seinfeld
Arrested Development
Always Sunny
Homeland (odd man out, but i tried really hard to get into that due to rave reviews, failed, twice)

Shows I can appreciate in small doses

Community
Modern Family
(havent tried yet, but could like i think) Parks and Rec

I love, love, love Community. Couldn't get into Parks and Rec at all despite trying to persevere. Enjoy Seinfeld but none of the others you didn't either.

For good comedy I usually like Have I Got News For You, which you probably aren't aware of with it being English. Nathan Barley and Spaced are two British comedies you should totally watch.

modern family is incredibly funny

favs right now are Sunny, Archer, the league, Big Bang, Simpsons, american dad

and for the dramas, csi, elementary, csi ny (I also hear homeland is not to be missed but haven't tried it yet myself)

I kind of like Archer in that's an easy going short show you can just shove on. I went off Homeland half way through but might retry.

I love top gear (uk)
Ive been catching up on Community lately, I like that one a lot.
Loved Arrested Development
Big Bang is ok
Louie is awesome
Wilfred (us) is another great one
Other shows I like
Copper (on the bbc)
SoA
The Walking Dead
Breaking Bad
Sherlock (on the bbc, again)
Thats all I can think of right now

Louie is great, but some of the episodes are hit and miss. Still good to watch. At present I watch:

The Good Wife
SoA
Dexter
Some reality TV shite when I'm bored
Community
Star Trek every day before sleep

I need to catch up with Treme quite badly as I missed this whole season so far.

If you want comedy there's a radio show that has me in stitches. It's called 'I'm sorry I haven't a Clue' and is on BBC Radio 4's Listen Again ( Sorry if you can't get that over there).

I watch everything on Discovery I.D. & HGTV and that's about it. I don't even know what else exists out there. :fly:

Besides Teen Mom 2.

It's in Northern English bro. :fly:

Not liking the format of the third season though, it's way too forced. So fed up of Gervais trying to squeeze comedy out of things that are funny in the first place. We don't need a dwarf narrating Karl's moodiness, it's funny on its own. :mad:

Somehow I imagine that show is scripted, which saddens me greatly.