Ontopic The Great Christmas Wonder Gift Thread

Protip: If the 'funny' character in a comedy show could be described accurately as 'zany', I will hate it.

yeah.... im with ya there. Id ask for examples, but i would not recognize any of your britishland things.

I am not a fan either.
I think it is because of that Charlie dude, he just seems to be trying too hard.

What about Community?

Shows that people claim to be great, but i have zero interest in:

Seinfeld
Arrested Development
Always Sunny
Homeland (odd man out, but i tried really hard to get into that due to rave reviews, failed, twice)

Shows I can appreciate in small doses

Community
Modern Family
(havent tried yet, but could like i think) Parks and Rec

What about Community?

Shows that people claim to be great, but i have zero interest in:

Seinfeld
Arrested Development
Always Sunny
Homeland (odd man out, but i tried really hard to get into that due to rave reviews, failed, twice)

Shows I can appreciate in small doses

Community
Modern Family
(havent tried yet, but could like i think) Parks and Rec

modern family is incredibly funny

favs right now are Sunny, Archer, the league, Big Bang, Simpsons, american dad

and for the dramas, csi, elementary, csi ny (I also hear homeland is not to be missed but haven't tried it yet myself)

I can appreciate some Big Bang. Gf likes it and it has helped her take a bigger interest in science.

I have yet to really see any of those other shows (community, parks & rec, etc)

I think I've maybe watched big bang theory all of once. Archer is the only comedy I watch on tv now. That, SOA, justified, walking dead, revolution.. That's it for regular viewing outside of sports. My tv gets almost no use anymore.

I haven't owned a TV in 6 years now. Any time I try to watch any of these shows I get bored within 5-7 minutes. I'm usually walking away by the first commercial break.