Ontopic The GOP - What the hell happened to you

Duke

. . first name's "Daisy" boys
May 12, 2008
Brandon, FL
Marklar
₥36,350
It's no secret that I used to be a card carrying Republican. I'm not really into the whole Social Welfare cockgrabbing of the democratic party. But, since the days of Reagan, I've become very disenfranchised...

And now this.

The last 2 Republican Debates in Florida - the shit the crowd as spewed makes me glad I''m no longer walking with the GOP...

Last night, during the debate, a Soldier, an American Soldier, actively fighting in Iraq, got BOOED from the crowd... because he was gay.

http://www2.tbo.com/news/politics/2...te-crowd-boos-gay-soldier-ar-259991/#comments

Uninsured sick Americans? "Let Them Die!"

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/sep/13/news/la-pn-ron-paul-gop-debate-20110913

What the fuck has happened to the right wing?

I was going to post this, but then thought everyone would miss the point of it and just bash me for hating America.

Last night, during the debate, a Soldier, an American Soldier, actively fighting in Iraq, got BOOED from the crowd... because he was gay.

I've tried googling serveral time and I didn't get a straight answer from this question.

What is the point of the "Don't ask Don't Tell" and why was it made?

This is part of why I want America to collapse into feudal city states. That and so I get to wear hocky pads as clothes and drive a dune buggy.

it was know-nothing voters who delivered Bush, now it'll be no-nothing voters delivering no-nothing candidates.

The republican party is becoming too split in half to be effective as it use to be as was demonstrated recently in the House. That and they need to find a few semi-sane candidates to run.

The republican party is becoming too split in half to be effective as it use to be as was demonstrated recently in the House. That and they need to find a few semi-sane candidates to run.

I think that's just the theater of the moment. When it's down to one candidate those disgruntled factions will be unified under the "hey, at least he's not liberal" flag. Election cycles.

just watched the audience at one of the debates clap (en masse) when it was announced how many people had been executed during Rick Perry's term in office.

how does the execution by the government fit in with that 'small government' bent?

just watched the audience at one of the debates clap (en masse) when it was announced how many people had been executed during Rick Perry's term in office.

how does the execution by the government fit in with that 'small government' bent?
It doesn't, it still always surprises me when I find a somewhat like-minded individual in person and that comes up and they're for capital punishment.

Just watched? Didn't that happen 2 weeks ago?

Only happens if you're a foreigner.

In my opinion, if you hear a US soldier getting boo'ed because he's gay and don't speak out about it, then you condone it.

agreed. every candidate that didn't speak up right then and there against the booing is a coward and has no business using the phrase "support the troops" ever again. just like no republican or democrat that held up the zadroga bill deserves to utter "9/11" as a campaign tool

• Gravy
Reactions: 1 person