Thread The Good Ol' "Best Countries Too Live In" List.

none of them required the gov't to get started. none.

When each one of those business is expanding, and communities are OFFERING them subsidies to come, the owners still pick the location that will suit them best. There are no amount of government subsidies and/or tax breaks that will put a Ford Manufacturing facility on Bermuda.

neat to build your explanation around your philosophy.

Here's mine: The guy who was hired by the guy who built the company competed for that position against others and was brought on because both applicant and business owner believed that applicant could make the company better.

The business owner never 'required' anyone to build a community. Conversely, he sought out his own opportunities and put his business where he felt it would thrive.

That community grew because people came there to enrich their own lives working for said business owners. Not because they were required to be in the community.

Not the same thing at all. What you describe is self-perpetuation govt bureaucracy living off people that work in the real world.

"Great Things Happen" when the government stays the fuck out of the way. The owners of Microsoft, McDonalds, Sears, Ford, etc didn't 'rely' on the government to provide anything.

It absolutely amazing how you can not grasp something so simple. It's almost like you are doing it on purpose.

Sent from bloody mobile phone.

When each one of those business is expanding, and communities are OFFERING them subsidies to come, the owners still pick the location that will suit them best. There are no amount of government subsidies and/or tax breaks that will put a Ford Manufacturing facility on Bermuda.

:lol: 4 posts for internet revisionism, love it. You said, explicitly, that those companies never relied on the government to provide anything. Your exact words. I have shown that to be incorrect. Now you wish to amend your statement. It was an argument based on supposition, not evidential fact. Businesses, especially larger ones, have always relied on some sort of subsidy from the government, in many many ways. To think otherwise is pure fallacy.

If you put enough monkeys in a room with typewriters, surely one will eventually bang out something worthwhile. This cannot denied.

dodge_viper_gtsr_concept_03_1024x768137.jpg

In the words of Albert Nimzicki, "That's not entirely accurate".

Government's have effected great things to happen. This cannot be denied.

I wasn't exclusively talking about governments, but rather than any type of group partnership. Great things just don't happen via a single person.

Sent from bloody mobile phone.

and I just explained to you that they did

sears especially started because of the railroad system that was built by the government

and your initial statement wasn't about them starting

The owners of Microsoft, McDonalds, Sears, Ford, etc didn't 'rely' on the government to provide anything.

You were wrong. Be a man and admit it.

and I just explained to you that they did

sears especially started because of the railroad system that was built by the government

and your initial statement wasn't about them starting

You were wrong. Be a man and admit it.

unfortunately that's not possible. in true republican fashion he will retort with some sort of insult or a jab at obama.

:lol: 4 posts for internet revisionism, love it. You said, explicitly, that those companies never relied on the government to provide anything. Your exact words. I have shown that to be incorrect. Now you wish to amend your statement. It was an argument based on supposition, not evidential fact. Businesses, especially larger ones, have always relied on some sort of subsidy from the government, in many many ways. To think otherwise is pure fallacy.

Duke said:
Unproven, thus deniable.

In the words of The Operative "You're fighting a war you have already lost"

Seriously, that's your reply.

You presented 4 fortune 500 companies. I went 4 for 4 on proving you wrong. If I had the time, or the inclination to help you stop being stuck on stupid, I'd go 100 for 100 on the Fortune list.

yep. That's my reply. I can't dumb it down any more. Thinking you proved me wrong by taking the comments out of context is really all I expect from the left. It's really teh only place they succeed.

You required someone to build a company for you to be employed, he required someone to build a community where his company could thrive, and that community required a developed etc..

All of these statements have to do with relying on someone else first. Rely on something or someone else before they could do anything. The fact is, none of the companies I listed relied on the government first.

Getting subsidies and tax breaks later doesn't amount to anything more than Landlord perks do for signing a lease.

Last edited:
yep. That's my reply. I can't dumb it down any more. Thinking you proved me wrong by taking the comments out of context is really all I expect from the left. It's really teh only place they succeed.

All of these statements have to do with relying on someone else first. Rely on something or someone else before they could do anything. The fact is, none of the companies I listed relied on the government first.

Getting subsidies and tax breaks later doesn't amount to anything more than Landlord perks do for signing a lease.

Except that they relied on the government's existing infrastructure, sovereignty and economic stability in order to have a venue in which to prosper.

You know how I know you're really fucking dumb,

by thinking of me as being 'on the left'.. :lol: :lol:

You haven't paid any attention at all to this thread, have you.

and calling $160 million in subsidies a 'landlord perk'... What the fuck. You must be on the left, because obviously your are high on weed.

Last edited:
Except that they relied on the government's existing infrastructure, sovereignty and economic stability in order to have a venue in which to prosper.

When you pull out onto the road and stop to jump out and kneel on the ground to kiss the asphalt being thankful to the federal government for providing EVERYTHING that road leads to because without the government you would be nothing, I'm hoping some car knocks sense into you. I don't think you'll get it any other way. :)

I would but if I died the government would have to pay half a million dollars of my life insurance from your tax dollars and it might make you sad

and calling $160 million in subsidies a 'landlord perk'... What the fuck. You must be on the left, because obviously your are high on weed.
If you think $160 Million is a lot of money, you should first look at the revenue it was to generate, adn further, the Market Cap of the company.

sears. I highlighted the parts that the guy should read to semperf.

Historically, Chicago and outlying suburbs use incentives in controversial ways. In 1989, Sears, Roebuck & Co. announced that it was seeking to relocate from the Sears Tower to cut costs (see page 36 of our 2003 report, A Better Deal for Illinois). The State of Illinois feared losing $411 million in income taxes (from 5,400 jobs) and 2,200 ripple-effect jobs if they left Illinois. An affluent suburb 29 miles northwest of the Loop put together what was the largest subsidy package ever in Illinois history at $178 million. The state not only chipped in but expanded the definition of ‘blight’ in Illinois’ TIF law so that the wealthy suburb could buy 786 acres of land with TIF bonds to be repaid out of Sears’ property taxes.