Thread The Good Ol' "Best Countries Too Live In" List.

No doubt! There are many different walks of life that abuse welfare systems. Some even have six figure salaries..

I can agree to this statement. In fact, I fucking hate 2.2 million voters in Florida for making one of those fuckers our new Governor.

I guess having him take 1.6 billion out of our pockets wasn't enough, and we had to open them up so he could take more.

I'm curious as to what your thoughts are to getting this done.

Well for one I wouldn't just lock junkies up. That's not going to anything. Treatment (mental and/or physical) should be a top priority. Look towards Portugal for a base model.

relying on my hard work to improve your life is bullshit, whether you are ceo of a large company or some lazy ass on long term government assistance.

relying on my hard work to improve your life is bullshit, whether you are ceo of a large company or some lazy ass on long term government assistance.

You've relied on someone else's hard work to improve your life. You required someone to build a company for you to be employed, he required someone to build a community where his company could thrive, and that community required a developed etc..

Not exactly the same thing, that I understand. The point of this is that great things happen when people work together.

You've relied on someone else's hard work to improve your life. You required someone to build a company for you to be employed, he required someone to build a community where his company could thrive, and that community required a developed etc..
neat to build your explanation around your philosophy.

Here's mine: The guy who was hired by the guy who built the company competed for that position against others and was brought on because both applicant and business owner believed that applicant could make the company better.

The business owner never 'required' anyone to build a community. Conversely, he sought out his own opportunities and put his business where he felt it would thrive.

That community grew because people came there to enrich their own lives working for said business owners. Not because they were required to be in the community.

Not exactly the same thing, that I understand. The point of this is that great things happen when people work together.
Not the same thing at all. What you describe is self-perpetuation govt bureaucracy living off people that work in the real world.

"Great Things Happen" when the government stays the fuck out of the way. The owners of Microsoft, McDonalds, Sears, Ford, etc didn't 'rely' on the government to provide anything.

Last edited:
the business owner relied on a loan from a bank - hence, other people's money - as well as the existing infrastructure provided by the tax dollars of the community around him

you're misunderstanding his use of the word "required". he's not suggesting anyone compelled anyone to build a community, rather that without the fact that a community was built he would not have been able to do what he did

the owners of microsoft relied on the government to built the network of communication lines that would eventually lead the internet we know today and spur on the need for the home and office pc. the owners of mcdonalds relied on the fda to certify that its food was safe to serve. the owners of sears relied on the railroad system built by the government to ship its products and grow into the company it would later become. the owners of ford relied on the government to build a vast interstate highway system that resulted in the creation of suburbs which was the primary driving force behind the american automotive industry.

no company in existence today has had any success without the infrastructure of its government to rely on

Last edited:
"Great Things Happen" when the government stays the fuck out of the way. The owners of Microsoft, McDonalds, Sears, Ford, etc didn't 'rely' on the government to provide anything.

In the words of Albert Nimzicki, "That's not entirely accurate".

Government's have effected great things to happen. This cannot be denied.

• Gravy
Reactions: 1 person
The owners of Microsoft, McDonalds, Sears, Ford, etc didn't 'rely' on the government to provide anything.

Microsoft
http://blog.seattlepi.com/microsoft/archives/171914.asp

Sears
A decade ago, Illinois showered Sears Roebuck & Co. with $60 million in state and local tax breaks to build a suburban campus far from its easily accessible downtown tower. Every state has similar examples that dwarf the new subsidies now being offered to cities.

McDonalds
Ever since the administration of President Richard Nixon, the fast food industry has worked closely with its allies in Congress and the White House to oppose new worker safety, food safety, and minimum wage laws. While publicly espousing support for the free market, the fast food chains have quietly pursued and greatly benefited from a wide variety of government subsidies. Far from being inevitable, America’s fast food industry in its present form is the logical outcome of certain political and economic choices.
http://www.nytimes.com/books/first/s/schlosser-fast.html

Ford
OAKVILLE, Ont. Ending an anxious eight-month wait, — Ford Motor Company (www.ford.com), has picked Oakville, Ontario (www.ontariocanada.com) for an US$818-million expansion. What's more, in a major departure from historic form, Canada and Ontario have together ponied $164 million in subsidies.
http://www.siteselection.com/ssinsider/bbdeal/bd041108.htm