Thread The Good Ol' "Best Countries Too Live In" List.

AussieUSDollar.gif

:fly:

If you work your butt off, you can do well for yourself in pretty much every westernized country, that's nothing unique to the US.

in 2000, I lost my job, my house, my car. I was couch surfing for 6 months as I was competing with 60k other unemployed tech people in Denver for 6k tech jobs. During that time, I worked restaurant work. I went from 90k a year to 19k. I spent the next two years busting my ass, living in crap conditions, until I finally started working my way back up and out. Yes, I've been there. I could have sat and cried and gone 'woe is me', but I didn't, I sucked it up, took jobs that were way beneath what I was used to, and finally recovered, without any welfare, or state/govt bennies minus 3 months of unemployment benefits, so, yes, I think I can say that willpower, the desire to have something different, goes a long ass way to change being poor.

I'm sure everyone has the same life experience as you Ape.

...and I should care about other people, why?

That's my point. I do not want to be forced to pay into a flawed system like welfare. If I want to help I will do it on my own accord.

That is freedom.

in 2000, I lost my job, my house, my car. I was couch surfing for 6 months as I was competing with 60k other unemployed tech people in Denver for 6k tech jobs. During that time, I worked restaurant work. I went from 90k a year to 19k. I spent the next two years busting my ass, living in crap conditions, until I finally started working my way back up and out. Yes, I've been there. I could have sat and cried and gone 'woe is me', but I didn't, I sucked it up, took jobs that were way beneath what I was used to, and finally recovered, without any welfare, or state/govt bennies minus 3 months of unemployment benefits, so, yes, I think I can say that willpower, the desire to have something different, goes a long ass way to change being poor.
My hats off to you good sir.

...and I should care about other people, why?

That's my point. I do not want to be forced to pay into a flawed system like welfare. If I want to help I will do it on my own accord.

That is freedom.

When your country's economy collapses and you're now living in a crime infested country, then let me know how your freedom's working out for you.

Yeah I worked my ass off to go from a dead beat nothing, to being well paid in a good job being about to support a wife and two children.

I however do not think for a second that every other dead beat out there could do the same.

Yeah I worked my ass off to go from a dead beat nothing, to being well paid in a good job being about to support a wife and two children.

I however do not think for a second that every other dead beat out there could do the same.

So we need to support them? I don't think so. And most dead beats are dead beats for a reason, that reason being them.