Thread The Good Ol' "Best Countries Too Live In" List.

OzSTEEZ

¡ɟɟo ʞɔnɟ ʇunɔ 'ᴉO
Nov 11, 2008
Oz
AussieUSDollar.gif

:fly:

APRIL

Feel Free to Pee on Me
Sep 30, 2004
Houston
Anyone can, but not everyone has the same intelligence, upbringing, community, and role models. All which play a big factor in how people make life decisions.

If we take away the welfare system, these people will be forced to grab their balls and make a decent living.

APRIL

Feel Free to Pee on Me
Sep 30, 2004
Houston
I don't know, its working for me ( as much as I bitch about working) and we lived in a mobile home as kids.

OzSTEEZ

¡ɟɟo ʞɔnɟ ʇunɔ 'ᴉO
Nov 11, 2008
Oz
If you work your butt off, you can do well for yourself in pretty much every westernized country, that's nothing unique to the US.

Duke

. . first name's "Daisy" boys
May 12, 2008
Brandon, FL
in 2000, I lost my job, my house, my car. I was couch surfing for 6 months as I was competing with 60k other unemployed tech people in Denver for 6k tech jobs. During that time, I worked restaurant work. I went from 90k a year to 19k. I spent the next two years busting my ass, living in crap conditions, until I finally started working my way back up and out. Yes, I've been there. I could have sat and cried and gone 'woe is me', but I didn't, I sucked it up, took jobs that were way beneath what I was used to, and finally recovered, without any welfare, or state/govt bennies minus 3 months of unemployment benefits, so, yes, I think I can say that willpower, the desire to have something different, goes a long ass way to change being poor.

APRIL

Feel Free to Pee on Me
Sep 30, 2004
Houston
I'm sure everyone has the same life experience as you Ape.

...and I should care about other people, why?

That's my point. I do not want to be forced to pay into a flawed system like welfare. If I want to help I will do it on my own accord.

That is freedom.

APRIL

Feel Free to Pee on Me
Sep 30, 2004
Houston
in 2000, I lost my job, my house, my car. I was couch surfing for 6 months as I was competing with 60k other unemployed tech people in Denver for 6k tech jobs. During that time, I worked restaurant work. I went from 90k a year to 19k. I spent the next two years busting my ass, living in crap conditions, until I finally started working my way back up and out. Yes, I've been there. I could have sat and cried and gone 'woe is me', but I didn't, I sucked it up, took jobs that were way beneath what I was used to, and finally recovered, without any welfare, or state/govt bennies minus 3 months of unemployment benefits, so, yes, I think I can say that willpower, the desire to have something different, goes a long ass way to change being poor.
My hats off to you good sir.

OzSTEEZ

¡ɟɟo ʞɔnɟ ʇunɔ 'ᴉO
Nov 11, 2008
Oz
...and I should care about other people, why?

That's my point. I do not want to be forced to pay into a flawed system like welfare. If I want to help I will do it on my own accord.

That is freedom.

When your country's economy collapses and you're now living in a crime infested country, then let me know how your freedom's working out for you.

OzSTEEZ

¡ɟɟo ʞɔnɟ ʇunɔ 'ᴉO
Nov 11, 2008
Oz

Yeah I worked my ass off to go from a dead beat nothing, to being well paid in a good job being about to support a wife and two children.

I however do not think for a second that every other dead beat out there could do the same.

Duke

. . first name's "Daisy" boys
May 12, 2008
Brandon, FL
Yeah I worked my ass off to go from a dead beat nothing, to being well paid in a good job being about to support a wife and two children.

I however do not think for a second that every other dead beat out there could do the same.

So we need to support them? I don't think so. And most dead beats are dead beats for a reason, that reason being them.