Thread The Good Ol' "Best Countries Too Live In" List.

I'm just saying there's nothing instinctual about this. It's not like you're born and automatically you have direction in life.

Of course not, but it is obvious what it takes to have a decent life.

If someone does get that then get out of our gene pool.

I don't have hard facts to back it up, but I'm willing to bet 90% of the kids out there are spending more time playing video games and hooking up than studying. I've met too many instances where a kid wasn't exactly the brightest, but he applied himself as much as possible. Once he finally figured things out, he was able to succeed. One instance of this is now working as an engineer for a military defense company.

I highly doubt that number. There could be just as many kids being beaten/abused everyday. Or their parents are drug fucked.

Trying to simplify this whole picture with, "They just don't try hard enough", is you not trying very hard. There are way to many dynamics for 1 solution to fix the whole thing.

Those are awesome anecdotes, but you guys have educations that make you desirable hires. Duke was a victim of a difficult business cycle. He recovered. A lot of these people have very little skills and not much education. They don't have the luxury of going from 90k to 19k. They start at 19k and scrape along the bottom.

I went to a public school and did moderately well. It was my own fault that I only did moderately. Despite what some here may think about me, I'm an incredibly bright individual. Due to that, I never developed study skills. Homework was done 5 minutes before class began (both in high school and college) Had I applied myself, I could have done very well for myself and been in a far better situation than I am now. Then I went to a public university and moderately applied myself there. Again I was lazy and didn't work on building a future for myself. When I'm motivated (i.e. without a job and taking care of a wife and kid) I showed no mercy and got the job done. When the need isn't there, I will be the first to admit that I'm lazy.

Oh and for those who talk about not knowing what it's like to be in a severe financial hardship, I had to be self sufficient for 1.5 years to gain in-state residency to lower my tuition. That means for 1.5 years I was paying $19,000/year to go to college by myself.

That did not include housing or food.

I highly doubt that number. There could be just as many kids being beaten/abused everyday. Or their parents are drug fucked.

Trying to simplify this whole picture with, "They just don't try hard enough", is you not trying very hard. There are way to many dynamics for 1 solution to fix the whole thing.

Yay! Some sense in this whole picture. Kids born to junkies? Fuck em, they should know better, expect better, have aims and dreams and start working towards achieving them from the age of 6 cos hell! mommy and daddy aren't going to help them out. Turn 18 and have no prospects? Entirely your fault, get out the gene pool loser!!

Yay! Some sense in this whole picture. Kids born to junkies? Fuck em, they should know better, expect better, have aims and dreams and start working towards achieving them from the age of 6 cos hell! mommy and daddy aren't going to help them out. Turn 18 and have no prospects? Entirely your fault, get out the gene pool loser!!
That's why abortion should be legal. Junkies having children is such a bad idea. Those kids usually do turn out to be a product of their environment.

That's why abortion should be legal. Junkies having children is such a bad idea. Those kids usually do turn out to be a product of their environment.

Yeah but you can't force them to have abortions. Plus what if they aren't junkies when they give birth, but become one later on? What about alcoholics? What about sick or mentally handicapped parents? What about kids with no parents at all?

And your solution is to have the rest of society accept the burden of these people while they go procreate and start the next cycle. Awesome idea, that won't lead to the ultimate downfall of civilization our anything...

Those are awesome anecdotes, but you guys have educations that make you desirable hires. Duke was a victim of a difficult business cycle. He recovered. A lot of these people have very little skills and not much education. They don't have the luxury of going from 90k to 19k. They start at 19k and scrape along the bottom.

High school diploma only. I didn't start at 90k. I worked my way up to get there. First job post getting booted out of college only paid 16880. Then got blasted all the way back down and hard to start over again.

I fucked off in College. I really regret it now, but, all modesty to the side, I've been either lucky enough, or smart enough, to take make good for myself.

Why the fuck do we have to be responsible for the problems created by junkies, their kids included.

The children of junkies that find a way out of that life and cycle of bullshit are the ones with the genetics the gene pool needs. The ones who sit and fester in it, cruel as it sounds, should be left behind.

We're in this for the survival of the species. Right now, it ain't looking too good.

Why the fuck do we have to be responsible for the problems created by junkies, their kids included.

The children of junkies that find a way out of that life and cycle of bullshit are the ones with the genetics the gene pool needs. The ones who sit and fester in it, cruel as it sounds, should be left behind.

We're in this for the survival of the species. Right now, it ain't looking too good.

Present day human race is a scary thing. There is very little in the way of survival of the fittest with all of our medical "miracles" and such.

For example; with all these women having c-sections, one day it will be a requirement of a pregnant woman to have the baby surgically removed or die because we do not let nature take its course.

wut? do you have any idea how long it would take evolution to do that to a woman? I don't know either but it's probably a very long time if it's even possible.

wut? do you have any idea how long it would take evolution to do that to a woman? I don't know either but it's probably a very long time if it's even possible.

Ya, we will probably destroy the human race way before every woman is evolved in that way.

:lol:

I flunked out of HS.

Present day human race is a scary thing. There is very little in the way of survival of the fittest with all of our medical "miracles" and such.

For example; with all these women having c-sections, one day it will be a requirement of a pregnant woman to have the baby surgically removed or die because we do not let nature take its course.

what???

morbo838.jpeg

THATS NOT HOW EVOLUTION WORKS