Thread The Golf Thread.

Like I said, I love trololo. I am proudly Tatar though.

I am going to wear a burqa to do promotional shots for these golf headcovers when I get around to it. I like to make Americans uncomfortable, especially when they ask how I got into this country. My answer is always "I met my husband on brides.ru, he's 78." I mean, what were they expecting when they ask such questions? :)

:lol: Next time work in, "We've got sleeper cells for days!"

Welcome to UF. <3

I have to get up at 7am for golf tomorrow. This is my second charity tournament this week/year.

Hey, me too, man. Send me an Osama headcover and I'll tell everyone at my country club where to get one.

I got the white connections.

attachment.php

Playing in another charity tournament weekend after this. Will be playing a bunch down at Sea Island this weekend too. Pro caliber courses.

They're banning the tall putters that go up to your chest. You hold the top of the putter in your hand against your chest. Anchored.

They are banning the anchoring of putters to the body. Only your hands can touch the club or be braced against your forearm, and your hands cannot be braced against your body. The maximum length for putters is the same and all current putter types are legal -- just not the method of addressing the ball. The ruling is very silly and detracts from the game.

There are many putters who have used broom-handle and belly putters as a remedy for a bad traditional putting stroke. However, it's been shown over time that people who putt with a belly-style putter are not at an advantage. They do not win more tournaments than traditional putters, nor do they putt more consistently. The USGA rather arbitrarily decided that it wasn't in the spirit of the game.

That's bullshit to me. We play in an environment where equipment changes have allowed driver heads to climb from 200cc to 460cc. Every hack is playing retardedly oversized-super-ultra game improvement irons. We have our selection of golf balls that reduce spin to help with wayward shots. But the type of putter we use is an issue? What fuckery.

And I'm a traditional putter.

I think we should play with hickory shafts, persimmon heads, blades, and balls made out of feathers and hide. Because really, everything else is not in the spirit of the game.

I propose we use the original first edition rules of golf, set forth in 1744.

You must Tee your Ball within a Club's length of the Hole.

Your Tee must be upon the Ground.

You are not to change the Ball which you Strike off the Tee.

You are not to remove Stones, Bones or any Break Club, for the sake of playing your Ball, Except upon the fair Green within a Club's length of your Ball.

If your Ball comes among water, or any watery filth, you are at liberty to take out your Ball & bringing it behind the hazard and Teeing it, you may play it with any Club and allow your Adversary a Stroke for so getting out your Ball.

If your Balls be found any where touching one another, You are to lift the first Ball, till you play the last.

At Holing, you are to play your Ball honestly for the Hole, and not to play upon your Adversary’s Ball, not lying in your way to.

If you should lose your Ball, by its being taken up, or any other way, you are to go back to the Spot, where you struck last, & drop another Ball, And allow your adversary a Stroke for the misfortune.

No man at Holing his Ball, is to be allowed, to mark his way to the Hole with his Club, or anything else.

If a Ball be stopp’d by any Person, Horse, Dog or anything else, The Ball so stop’d must be play’d where it lies.

If you draw your Club in Order to Strike, & proceed so far in the Stroke as to be bringing down your Club; If then, your Club shall break, in any way, it is to be Accounted a Stroke.

He whose Ball lies farthest from the Hole is obliged to play first.

Neither Trench, Ditch or Dyke, made for the preservation of the Links, nor the Scholar's Holes, or the Soldier's Lines, Shall be accounted a Hazard; But the Ball is to be taken out and play’d with any Iron Club.

I'm a traditional putter too but think this is a stupid ban. The anchoring putters have been around for a long time now, why ban them now? what's next, the pitching wedge?