Thread The Golf Thread.

saw that on HLN while I was getting ready for work this morning. that's awesome. a course I play on down at Sea Island has a resident gator that lives in a pond by the clubhouse and adjacent to 2 holes. they had the thing caught and brought miles out into the marsh a few times but it kept coming back. they decided to quit fighting it and now they feed it leftover bbq to make sure it doesn't get hungry enough to come after golfers.

saw that on HLN while I was getting ready for work this morning. that's awesome. a course I play on down at Sea Island has a resident gator that lives in a pond by the clubhouse and adjacent to 2 holes. they had the thing caught and brought miles out into the marsh a few times but it kept coming back. they decided to quit fighting it and now they feed it leftover bbq to make sure it doesn't get hungry enough to come after golfers.

I would imagine gators at golf courses in the south are pretty common. The most I've had to worry about are angry geese.

Posted three scores this weekend ranging from 10.4 to 12.9 index. That should murder my inflated handicap. :(

I've started analyzing the hole before I tee off. My playing partner commented that I was money from 150 yards and in. He said he was jealous and that made me feel good. I had never realized that my short iron accuracy was probably the best part of my game. So I've started playing for the 150 and 100 yard markers on par 4s where I can't reasonably hit the green on my tee shot. I got a world of shit from my friends the first round hitting a 3 iron, 4 iron, or 4 wood off the tee on those holes instead of driver. Playing safe really works in the long run.

I'm still spraying tee shots. They cost me three strokes in each round I played. All the damage was done with the driver of course.

Actually, thinking back on it, I'm not playing safe. I'm playing appropriately. I'm not going to call it playing safe from now on. On some of these holes that's probably the only option for consistent scoring.

I took off tomorrow to play golf. All you can golf plus lunch for $59. Hawaii Prince Golf Club. Nothing like tearing up resort courses with golf carts full of beer and cigars. :heart:

I have a tournament on friday with 3 of my best buddies on my team. drinks are covered, food is included, and then after that we have a work outing at six flags. company rented the park out from 6-12pm and is catering bbq as well. unf.

The golf outing today was really fun. Played 18, ate lunch and played another 18. the course is arranged with 27 holes broken up as A, B, C. Unusual. Sure was fun though. Shot 78 and then 86. I was dead tired for the second 18. My stamina sucks. By the last nine, my balance was pretty off and I was having trouble concentrating.
Lunch was great too! Teriyaki beef, buffalo wings, fried calamari, onion rings and sushi. Oh and beer. No wonder I didn't play the second 18 as well. :cool: