Thread The Golf Thread.

ever try an odyssey 2ball or 3 ball? think imma get the 3 ball when I replace this some day

I probably won't. I hated my Odyssey. It had a very inconsistent face. I've always liked the blade putters because I've been able to line up 4-6 foot putts easily. My putting in that range is pretty dead on. I can't remember the last time I missed a close one.

May be Odyssey is worth a second look. I dunno. The STX is too soft and too short. It was awesome within about 15 feet. Outside of that I really had to slap the ball to get it to move.

I like the feel and weight of the Scotty Cameron and the Yes! putters. I don't think equipment is my issue.

Although I am considering chopping an inch or so off those two putters. 35 inches is probably too tall for me. I choke down quite a bit.

how about a ping zing 2?

-9891704612069150.jpg

I'm going to zombify this thread as a teehee to those who struggle with seasonal golf. I love buying clearance golf equipment (mostly balls, gloves) when the season ends. There are so many good deals. And being in Hawaii, I can keep playing all winter long.

I took a break earlier this year from my golf comeback after knee damage (MCL and ACL stretching/partial tear) sustained playing basketball. Playing golf with a knee brace on my left knee is terrible. My weight transfer is not what it should be and if I swing naturally, the result is a loopy hook. Playable though.

I played this weekend with two friends at Luana Hills, now Royal Hawaiian CC. Pete Dye designed course in the back of a valley. Target golf all the way. I struggled. The course was incredibly unfair just like the first few times I played it. :mad:

lh2.jpg

lh1.jpg

pretty course. I haven't been out since memorial day. it was too damned hot out to play this summer. lost one of my golf buddies to a baby as well. babies HATE golf.

I think there are 3. Can't remember which ones I've played on, but they seem nice. It's cool teeing off then driving by a SAM site.

Shit that is cool. One of the guys I played with yesterday is a member at PGAWest. He said if I'm in Cali when he's there, he would give me his extra golf cart and a place to stay. All the golf I can imagine. I really want to do that.