Thread The Golf Thread.

Everything I know about golf I learned from Dorf

dorf.jpg

I played twice this weekend and struggled terribly off the tee both days. I followed big WTF moments with sheer brilliance. Two times on Saturday I hit tee shots out of bounds only to make birdie with the second ball. Very frustrating. It seems like I work really hard on one aspect of my game only to see the other parts crumble. I was putting brilliantly for a change.

I've set my goal to be single digit HCP by 2012.

At this point, I'm using this thread to catalog my growth as a golfer.

I've dedicated 3 evenings during the work week to practicing. I have been working exclusively on my short game, since I've always been shitty in that department.

All last week I was working on my lag putting. I'm fuck awful at leaving putts near the hole when I'm 25 feet or farther. The pro I was working with told me to practice these putts without the putter. He told me to practice by underhand tossing the ball toward the hole. Then I'd use that same motion/power when using my putter. I'm sure I looked really stupid but it works very well.

speaking of looking stupid, ever try a belly putter to see if that works? how about crosshanded grip?

I tried a belly butter and the broomstick kind. They feel funky. I tried left hand low but I tended to pull/push a lot.

left hand as in putting from the left side? try crosshanded. putting with the left on the bottom from the right side. I've heard good things and I've tried it with varying results myself.

edit: nm, I see your edit

Last edited:
I haven't been able to play all week and I'm jonesing. I can't even hit the driving range since it's closed due to weather. The Sony Open's Pro-Am was canceled and the first round pushed back to today because of the storm front. Waialae CC had about 6-7 inches of standing water in the fairways. The pictures are pretty nuts.

613x.jpg

613x.jpg

snapped over a knee?

The story I am told is my dad was upset with how he had chipped and threw his sand wedge at his bag, breaking the driver. He's going to be even more upset to know the shaft costs more than a brand new club.

This cracks me up.

It looks like the replacement shaft is $200+install, and a new club is $185.

Unfortunately I only see this shaft in the 10.5 degree head. Mine is 8.5. :-/

Last edited by a moderator:
So I called Taylormade and they will replace the shaft for free since the club is fairly new. I'm pumped. Ty Taylormade.