Thread The Golf Thread.

The last pair of Nike's I bought actually came with a spare set of metal spikes. I was like really?

I've never worn metal. I hear they are much more stable than soft. Soft is kind of a joke. Might as well wear running shoes.

I would just CL some callaways, titleists, nikes or taylormades. personally I have taylormade irons and nike woods.

Oh, wasn't sure if that was some sort of golf or 1% speak.

Callaway and Taylormade have very good beginner and game improvement clubs. Ideally you want clubs with a large cavity in the back for maximum forgiveness.

you need a 3 wood, 7 iron, pitching wedge, and a putter.

it's all i ever used on par 3's when i was a kid. everything else is just crap you gotta drag around.

you can add a 9 and a driver if you really want too.

I would just CL some callaways, titleists, nikes or taylormades. personally I have taylormade irons and nike woods.

Fuck I just bought some irons from Walmart. $90 for a set. I then bought a r7 SuperQuad driver, and an Odyssey 2 ball putter, and a Taylormade sandwedge. Those clubs work for me. Only cost me about $350 for the lot, but over time. I don't need good irons until my game goes sub 90.

Bought some clubs off a guy on CL.

Cart bag
Tommy Armour Morphs 3-9, PW, SW, GW (all stiff)
Titleist 905T driver - 9.5*
Hippo Giant 400cc driver
Adams Putter, SW, PW

All for $100, and all in really good condition.

Yesterday I bought a proper golf bag and took the kiddo out to the range for a couple hours. This weekend I think we'll put an actual round in on a 4-hole course.

I played tommy armour's for years and they served me quite well. retired them 2 years ago or so after breaking the shaft on one and just decided they were old and it was time for some new ones.

I don't know, he sold it all together so I bought them all together. The Titleist is the one i used yesterday, and holy balls you can really, um, drive with a driver.

It doesn't matter right now. But for reference you can only carry 14 clubs in your bag. 13 + putter.

I did really well with the 5 and 7 on the range yesterday. They're solid irons. I'm trying to get my swing down and focus less on power. I still occasionally completely miss the ball. :fly:

I also have a tendency to chop the top of the ball, causing a clumsy 20-yard bounce shot.

I did really well with the 5 and 7 on the range yesterday. They're solid irons. I'm trying to get my swing down and focus less on power. I still occasionally completely miss the ball. :fly:

I also have a tendency to chop the top of the ball, causing a clumsy 20-yard bounce shot.

It's nearly impossible to hit the top of the ball on the downswing. Chances are your wrists are breaking so the clubface releases before the bottom of your swing, causing you to top it on the upstroke. It's a common problem.