The girl thread

make up... omg dont even get me started!
i hope you gals have SEPHORA up in your neck of the woods, cuz that place is my personal heaven.

Sephora is a little piece of heaven!!! Ulta is another place I cannot stay away from for too long.

If you need to cover something really well, like a tattoo, Dior has a spray foundation that can't be beat.

picture.php

Another one of my favorites from Sephora (I'm sure other places carry the line too) is Fresh's lip treatment. It's pricey but totally worth it.

picture.php

If I had a million dollars to waste, one of my first purchases would be Creme de La Mer. Nothing is better for skin care, but a reasonable sized quantity of it costs over a grand. It's a little out of my budget.

picture.php

I'm gonna have to try the shampoo you use. Sounds good. I love pantene for my hair, but it does tend to leave a bit of buildup. It's good to switch it up every once in a while.

My absolute favorite fragrance is Almond Coconut by Laura Mercier. I like smelling like food.

aveda-shampoo-and-conditioner-copy.jpg

That's my shampoo... it goes on first and cleans the hair. No conditioner is better... it leaves the hair silky and smooth. Oh really fool?

I don't even know how to make it look like that. Hence why I only wear the easy stuff. :(

Revoke my girl card. PLZ!

I'm the same way, I don't know how to get fancy looks with my eyes, so I just do the same basic thing everyday. I would probably only do fancy stuff when Knyte and I went on dates anyway, and that only happens like once every 6 months.

I'm the same way, I don't know how to get fancy looks with my eyes, so I just do the same basic thing everyday. I would probably only do fancy stuff when Knyte and I went on dates anyway, and that only happens like once every 6 months.
We must not read enough Cosmo. Too many photo and better homes magazines. Fo sho.

Am I allowed to read this thread?

Back when you had your curly long tresses you could. :haaay:

aveda-shampoo-and-conditioner-copy.jpg

That's my shampoo... it goes on first and cleans the hair. No conditioner is better... it leaves the hair silky and smooth. Oh really fool?
This!!

That's what I use too. In fact I use pretty much everything Aveda. My cleanser, toner, exfoliant, moisturizer, on the spot acne treatment, you name it. Their products are awesome.

As for makeup I like bare minerals for my base and everything else I use is MAC. Though I did recently pick up Smashbox mascara and I quite like it.

This!!

That's what I use too. In fact I use pretty much everything Aveda. My cleanser, toner, exfoliant, moisturizer, on the spot acne treatment, you name it. Their products are awesome.

As for makeup I like bare minerals for my base and everything else I use is MAC. Though I did recently pick up Smashbox mascara and I quite like it.

aveda_botanical_kinetics_exfoliant.jpg

Yesh! I LOOVVEE their exfoliant. If I shower at night I'll run this over my face in the morning instead of washing it. :fly: Practically no zits tho!

i use this styling cream:
B01M_152x358.jpg

it's ok, keeps my hair from blowing all over the place willy nilly, but i really really really wish American Crew hadn't discontinued their styling cream.

edit: no shit, american crew didn't discontinue their texture lotion. i guess i'll just have to mail order it. i hate change.

Last edited:
i use this styling cream:
B01M_152x358.jpg

it's ok, keeps my hair from blowing all over the place willy nilly, but i really really really wish American Crew hadn't discontinued their styling cream.

edit: no shit, american crew didn't discontinue their texture lotion. i guess i'll just have to mail order it. i hate change.

:elfpenis:

aveda_botanical_kinetics_exfoliant.jpg

Yesh! I LOOVVEE their exfoliant. If I shower at night I'll run this over my face in the morning instead of washing it. :fly: Practically no zits tho!

Yup, love that stuff.

Bit of advice though- not fun to travel with. The cap cracked in my suitcase and leaked everywhere. Thank goodness I had it in a ziplock back but still. It was over half full too. Now I have to order a new bottle :(

BB stuff is awesome. Usually out of my price range though. I used to be able to afford it when I was working but now that we're on a single income I've had to cut back on the expensive beauty stuff :(

Yup, love that stuff.

Bit of advice though- not fun to travel with. The cap cracked in my suitcase and leaked everywhere. Thank goodness I had it in a ziplock back but still. It was over half full too. Now I have to order a new bottle :(
you should invest in travel containers for shampoo/conditioner etc. you can usually find a package of three or four little bottles intended to be carry-on legal. just careful to get decent ones. i got some cheapass colored ones and the dye leeched into my shampoo and made it smell weird.

aveda has kick ass sample stuff. :hi2u: omg who goes in to get their facial or free personalized scent every birthday? :D :fly:

I've become more feminine in the past few years. I don't shave my body because well I can't be bothered and I don't see why I should. Plus I enjoy the looks of horror on people's faces in summer time.

I use a moisturiser from Lush every morning called Celestial, it's all natural ingredients (and vegan) and smells mainly of almonds. It keeps my skin from drying out because I walk outside a lot and the wind makes my skin all flaky sometimes.

I've never had a manicure or pedicure, I do my nails once a month or so. I have some Barry M nail polish (all my make up is Barry M because they don't do animal testing and they're vegan again), bright yellow, green and blue. I like colours most people don't wear, and they look quite pretty. However cos I'm always cleaning etc. one nail always chips within an hour or two which pisses me off. No matter how much overcoat I put on it happens.

Lemme see, I only wash my hair once every 2 weeks, 2/3 of my hair is dredlocks and I didn't wash my hair for 3-4 years, so every 2weeks is damn often nowadays. That and I have no hair dryer, just wet to dry hair straighteners and it takes ages to dry my hair afterwards. I always wash with Mint and Tea Tree natural (and vegan, oh yah) shampoo and the same scented conditioner.

Last edited: