The girl thread

eileenbunny

Druish Princess
May 25, 2005
Columbia, Maryland, United States
Marklar
₥3,190
Ladies, I would like to discuss makeup, hair care products, manicures and pedicures, and clothes with you. We don't act very girly around here a lot, but I'm sure deep down at least some of you care just a little bit if not a lot.

I personally prefer Pantene's Smooth shampoo and conditioner. I use Bedhead's line of products for leave-in conditioner and frizz control.

Recently I switched from liquid makeup to Bare Minerals. I really love the stuff. I don't wear makeup every day, but when I do I don't want it to look like I am and this stuff is fantastic for that. It also doesn't cause me to break out later. I hate being 33 and still plagued with acne.

I don't get manicures unless it is a special occasion because I usually ruin my nails within a day. I like keeping my toes pedicured and painted though. I hate clipping my own toenails. I can't stand the noise of nail clippers. It's like nails on a chalkboard to me.

Anyway, please share. I like to hear about what products work for people. I'll share more later. I've become more girly in the past 10 years or so.

i'm not really a girl. i do keep aveda confixor in my hair for the curl and i might get a pedicure once a year, though i like keeping my toes looking nice. i have pretty feet i think.
the rest of the stuff is too expensive, though i would love to use bare minerals. i've heard great stuff about it being natural and better for your skin. i don't shop for clothes unless i need something, and then it's off to clearance i go. ann taylor loft had clearance and THEN 40% off atop that. my girlfriends dragged me there and now i'll always go back. i got an entire outfit for about $10. :D

i'm not really a girl. i do keep aveda confixor in my hair for the curl and i might get a pedicure once a year, though i like keeping my toes looking nice. i have pretty feet i think.
the rest of the stuff is too expensive, though i would love to use bare minerals. i've heard great stuff about it being natural and better for your skin. i don't shop for clothes unless i need something, and then it's off to clearance i go. ann taylor loft had clearance and THEN 40% off atop that. my girlfriends dragged me there and now i'll always go back. i got an entire outfit for about $10. :D

:elfpenis:

I wish that you lived closer we could be bff's.

I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine. In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine. In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

I should have known that on this forum the ones who will girl out with me are the guys.

i do looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove perfume, however. i absolutely adore the stuff. i have about four nice bottles that i treasure, and it makes me so happy to wear every time i spritz some on. i have realized that i can wear it every day and not seem to run out. and if i do, it'll probably be around a holiday, when i can ask for more.

I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip.

I'm not very girly. Totally do not like fake nails, fake tan (I used to do it, pointless for fair skin), I don't always do my hair, I would wear jeans every fauxing day if I could, love to play in the yard and get dirty, work on the car, play with bugs and catch lizards...

Zac is wearing my skirt right now.

I also love the mineral makeup, but I can't afford the real stuff so I use Maybeline's or some other drugstore brands version. I switched to it last summer when my make up was melting off my face and it lasted even in the middle of August when it's 115 degrees, so I am completely convinced. As far as the other stuff goes, I'm too poor, but am working on getting myself to a beauty school for cheap manicures and pedicures. The kids are finally getting old enough I think I could get away with looking beautiful a little longer. I was also talking to my sister about bikini waxes this morning and while it probably won't be a regular thing, I could see myself getting one for when Kyle and I do steal away for a night later this year.

Clothes, man I wish I could afford more. I finally went and got a couple new pairs of pants and a handful of shirts, so I have almost a full weeks worth of cute shirts (not just tshirts) (I bought them at Ross and TJMax Thorn, 7-10 bucks for a pair of pants, and 10-15 for the shirts). Maybe another kiwi fashion show will be in the near future. I've also discovered a new love for jewelry and am in the process of convincing my sister to make me a whole bunch of necklaces. I had someone point out to me that the people who always look expensive and put together are the ones with all the accessories, not necessarily the outfit and I can totally see that now.

As for shoes, I still just wear my flip flops. I have my little heel ones for dressing up, but Old navy has their basic ones in stock now and they are only 2.50 a piece, so I need to go buy me 10 more colors, that will be so awesome.

just got back from old navy, where their jeans are $19 and they have a bunch of clearance stuff. found BEAUTIFUL dresses that are made of jersey knit material and go down to the ankle, so i have to wait for them to go on sale so i can wear them as skirts. found many shirts there for $6-8!

i would have a shoe problem if i could afford it. and if i needed them. being a SAHM keeps my needs at bay, which is why until today, i only had two pair of jeans...one for going out, one for everyday. now i have two pair in a SMALLER SIZE. :D i love this gettin' skinny shit. :happy:

EB :heart: I use Pantene too :cool: and I've been wondering about that bare minerals, seems there are a few different brands out there, I just need to go and try them out. Right now I use a tinted sun screen, since my skin cancer episode I use that everyday. I don't get my nails done because the polish never lasts and I end up taking it off in a day or 2.

I HATE bra shopping. I don't really like clothes shopping either because I usually can't afford what I really like, so I just end up with what I can afford. I desperately need to go and buy some "business" clothes and that is going to be like bra shopping, I just know it. I do like to shop for smell good stuff and have a couple of things that I've settled on for foo-foo'in.

make up... omg dont even get me started!
i hope you gals have SEPHORA up in your neck of the woods, cuz that place is my personal heaven.

i loveeeeeeee using a foundation primer b4 i put ANY make up on. it makes my skin look flawless!
SMASHBOX PHOTO FINISH
319dY7CeFOL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

im currently using Bad Gal make up (by BeneFit)

bad-gal-pencil.jpg

Bad Gal Mascara is fucking amazing.

pic7.jpg

for my eyeshadows i always always always wear MAC. I love that they stay on for a long time and they have the best color selection out there. love mac!

2608_eyes_003b.jpg

I have that eyeshadow. Called Honesty, I believe.

I usually only wear MAC mascara, eyeliner and random lip gloss. The eye shadow comes out when I'm feeling randy. ibIlooklikeaboy

I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip.

American Psycho?