The following video reaffirms my belief...

Sarcasmo said:
I don't know. I guess they could be just kids doing a paintball or rather Airsoft tourney or something, but I didn't think Fort Knox permitted that sort of thing. And the use of armored vehicles threw me off too, like the APC that drives by.

I don't know. I don't have time for this. I'm working on that [ADMIN EDIT] song.
yeah once I saw the tank I was like "huh?"

there's no way an army base would let any one on the training grounds that didn't have business being on there for ANY reason. I remember having to show like 40 types of I.D. to do some squad tactic shit training shit and they almost didn't let us on the training grounds and it was freaking sanctioned by ranger batallion

ChikkenNoodul said:
:lol:

My brother-in-law has this friend that buys everything at the Army-Navy store, my father-in-law was telling me one day the kid bought a few MRE's and a little army stove and a bunch of other shit, and said he didn't need dinner cuz he had the MRE's

My f-i-l got a kick of the faces the kid was making eating the bacon and eggs MRE :fly:
uhh ... hooah?

ChikkenNoodul said:
Paintball I can see being fun, Airsoft was only so the poor Japanese people who aren't allowed to have guns could have 'working' replicas.

Simunitions > *

If you can find a way to get it :shady:

I've paintballed a couple of times and had a good time. None of us were wearing BDUs and running around going "I SEE THE DOWNED AIRCRAFT! I SEE THE DOWNED AIRCRAFT! You guys wanna come play DDR at my house after this??" Over the "radio" however.

ChikkenNoodul said:
:lol:

My brother-in-law has this friend that buys everything at the Army-Navy store, my father-in-law was telling me one day the kid bought a few MRE's and a little army stove and a bunch of other shit, and said he didn't need dinner cuz he had the MRE's

My f-i-l got a kick of the faces the kid was making eating the bacon and eggs MRE :fly:

MREs are delicious when you haven't eaten anything else in a couple of days though. We did a "survival" campout in Boy Scouts when I was a teenager, our reward was MREs at the end.

Sarcasmo said:
That's Zussman Village on Fort Knox in Kentucky, the Army's urban ops training ground. That video is a training exercise I believe.

The Army uses Miles gear and Simunitions, not Airsoft. Plus as someone else pointed out; what's with all the chubby guys in Pumas and Nikes running around?

KNYTE said:
MREs are delicious when you haven't eaten anything else in a couple of days though. We did a "survival" campout in Boy Scouts when I was a teenager, our reward was MREs at the end.
it's not that they aren't good, it's just that they aren't a lot of food to burn off when you've been running around in the field all day

KNYTE said:
My wilderness survival course in the 'scouts had us eating lichen from lake rocks, japanese beetles, and other things one can find in a forest :drool: it was better than the regular summer camp food