The Fly Trap (Possibly NSFW)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be nice if we could shift to something like a fairtax but it will never happen at this point.

I love some of the items added to the bailout.

Sec. 308: Increase in limit on cover over of rum excise tax to Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands.

Sec. 310: Extension of mine rescue team training credit.

Sec. 315: Accelerated depreciation for business property on Indian reservations.

Sec. 317: Seven-year cost recovery period for motorsports racing track facility.

Sec. 319: Extension of work opportunity tax credit for Hurricane Katrina employees.

Sec. 322: Tax incentives for investment in the District of Columbia.

Sec. 325: Extension and modification of duty suspension on wool products; wool research fund; wool duty refunds.

Sec. 401: Permanent authority for undercover operations [as related to tax provisions].

Sec. 502: Provisions related to film and television productions.

Sec. 503: Exemption from excise tax for certain wooden arrows designed for use by children.
those bullshit addons should be illegal.

It doesn't bother me for some reason.

I don't feel they owe me anything :iono:
that's the unfair part though. people who dodge their rightful tax burden. there are rules, and they're cheating.
And THOSE are the kind of things that waste tons and tons of money :D

It's complete lunacy that taxpayers should have any of their money pay for sports.
I'm not for or against the actual items because I don't know the details or the argument in favor or against them. I just think they should have to pass on their own merits, not tacked onto some other important thing.

that's the unfair part though. people who dodge their rightful tax burden. there are rules, and they're cheating.
I doubt they're cheating, most of them donate way more money that I'll see in a lifetime to somewhat more useful charities than the Fed.

The tax cheaters, tend to be not so rich - and the high profile cases usually seem to be democrats which I find hilarious :fly:

I'm not for or against the actual items because I don't know the details or the argument in favor or against them. I just think they should have to pass on their own merits, not tacked onto some other important thing.
No disagreement from me there.

my genmay buddy jas101 sent me 2 frosted hand blown shot glasses from germany where he lives as a house warming present...also included a bunch of airplane bottles of crazy german liquors...how cool is that? :cool:

sending him back a ted turner bobble head and a space ghost animation cell :)

my genmay buddy jas101 sent me 2 frosted hand blown shot glasses from germany where he lives as a house warming present...also included a bunch of airplane bottles of crazy german liquors...how cool is that? :cool:

Have you gotten up from your couch since you moved in?

i am jealous you have other friends besides us. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.