The Fly Trap (Possibly NSFW)

Status
Not open for further replies.
kiwi was.

everyone who makes what you make pays that percentage. that's fair. we all share the burden of providing the services we all use. those who can afford to pay more, do, because otherwise we couldn't afford the services we have.

you got a problem with that, deal with it on an issue by issue basis. don't start asking for across the board tax cuts just so we can run a higher deficit.

Uh, no. It's not fair.

THEN FREAKING SPEND LESS

I give up, I worked until 4:30 this morning. I'm going to go talk to a rock.

I blame much of where our country is on having just two main political parties that have a stranglehold on our government. They are too busy looking out for either own interest or their parties interest to notice everyone else isn't doing so well. Well until it's time to do a bail out that profits friends and families or special interest groups of theirs.

As for the free world. I can't drive my car without a seat belt if I choose or smoke a joint in my house with the doors locked. They are really messing up my pursuit of happiness. Life means slavery of taxes, gas we can barely afford, and debt most likely. Liberty is fairing too well either.

Last edited:
Uh, no. It's not fair.

THEN FREAKING SPEND LESS

so you would sacrifice the good of the country to save a couple bucks on taxes? I don't mean to make it so blunt but that's pretty much the only conclusion left to draw :eek:

Uh, no. It's not fair.

THEN FREAKING SPEND LESS

the only reason you don't want the government to spend money on things is because you're rich enough to afford them for yourself.

sorry bud, but in this country, we share. we're nice people around here.

no one on this forum will pay more of anything...if you're clearing 500k+ I think you have a little breathing room to cough up a point or 2 more on your taxes...it will not impact the bottom line of people making that much

I'm not clearing anywhere NEAR that, and yet, I'll be paying more in taxes. :confused:

I don't care if I have "breathing room" (Which I don't, really) I don't want to pay more, what the heck is so hard to understand about that?

I blame much of where our country is on having just two main political parties that have a stranglehold on our government. They are too busy looking out for either own interest or their parties interest to notice everyone else isn't doing so well. Well until it's time to do a bail out that profits friends and families or special interest groups of theirs.

As for the free world. I can't drive my car without a seat belt if I choose or smoke a joint in my house with the doors locked. They are really messing up my pursuit of happiness. Life means slavery of taxes, gas we can barely afford, and debt most likely. Liberty is fairing too well either.
taxes aren't slavery. you want to stop working? fine. when your income falls, so do your taxes. slavery is having to work without receiving the benfit of your work.

I'm not clearing anywhere NEAR that, and yet, I'll be paying more in taxes. :confused:

I don't care if I have "breathing room" (Which I don't, really) I don't want to pay more, what the heck is so hard to understand about that?
what do you mean pay more? under the obama tax plan your taxes won't go up unless your household brings in more than 600k per year.

if you make under 226k per year your taxes will go DOWN.

lookie: http://freakonomics.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/09/16/competing-tax-plans-two-perspectives/
(with three different styles of graph from different sources, so no bias bitching)

what do you mean pay more? under the obama tax plan your taxes won't go up unless your household brings in more than 600k per year.

if you make under 226k per year your taxes will go DOWN.

lookie: http://freakonomics.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/09/16/competing-tax-plans-two-perspectives/
(with three different styles of graph from different sources, so no bias bitching)

According to the Obama site, Those making over $250k a year combined will get an increase, that's all I need to know.

And according to your chart, McCain will be giving those making over 115k a bigger cut :happy:

That's closer to my heart than the 250k barrier at the moment.

Last edited:
The good of the country?

Pull---eeeeeze.

So much money is wasted, on so much crap, I don't want to pay for any more than I already am.

I'd slash and burn the govt down to a couple match sticks if it were up to me but we are stuck with making the choice between the lesser of two evils unfortunately...imo the scales are heavily lopsided in this contest

Status
Not open for further replies.