The Fly Trap (Possibly NSFW)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it looks pretty cool, kinda like the MS Office 2007 Ribbon thingy. The guy I put the workstation in for, when I first ran it he was like "WTF, I am just getting used to 2008 and now they change all this shit on me. I looked at his 2008 install, and he as like 6 toolbars of custom commands and crap. He said that Autodesk told him how he could transfer those custom menu layouts from the previous 2007 to 2008 version, which he did and said was nice. I haven't figured out how to do that from 2008 to 2009.

Heh see above. You're not the only one.

2408WFP
This monitor was fucking beautiful. However, I could feel the heat radiating off of it like 3' away. :lol:
are his custom toolbars saved as .mns files? the one we use has toolbar.mns, toolbar.mnr and toolbar.mnc all in the same folder.

iirc you open autocad, type cui and hit enter. that'll bring up the customize user interface dialog. in the top left it shows "all customization files". scroll down to "partial CUI files", right click and choose "load partial customization file". open the .mns file for his menu. ok out. it should be there.

it's been a while since i fucked with it, but it's something like that.

sounds like when the ill-equipped go out with me :cool:

yeah man, that's exactly the case.

his gf is flying in today too. Ja was supp to drop him off at the airport to meet her, but he couldn't handle showering and getting in the car and is therefore waiting for her at my house with my mom, who is babysitting, and who is also going to lecture me when I get home today. :(

haha! genmay FINALLY has a frontpage after some 5 years of duke nukem forever talk
http://www.genmay.com/frontpage

Looks like ass. And just wait until someone has a thread name with gay pedophile as a the subject.

About

General Mayhem is a legendary internet forum where all are invited to discuss everything and anything. Many internet memes, sites and classic internet underground operations have been spawned from within the threads of GenMay, but the heart of internet underground will always be within our forums.

GenMay is comprised of a hyperactive community whose diverse ages, interests and knowledge base create a fertile environment for discussion and dynamic feedback. See for yourself what can happen when bandwidth and browsers collide with free time and too much caffeine.

Funny how they leave out the fact that certain mods like to lock threads and ban users before any "classic internet underground operations" can even happen. :fly:

Last edited:
What exactly is Genmay?

September 24, 2008 by DigitalMocking

Genmay has never been about being an asshole. It was about being funny, witty, posting weird shit, playing pranks as a community. It’s never been 4chan. It’s never been SA. It’s been Genmay, it was genmay when we were all over at tardocp, it was genmay when we moved here. If you don’t like it, leave. There are other options for your browsing pleasure. There are useless forums, there’s tempmay forums, there’s hardocp forums, there’s SA, there’s 4chan, there’s even genmay spelled backwards. Knock yourself out. But don’t be delusional, genmay has never been about being an asshole or posting whatever you wanted to. There have always been mods, mods have always deleted useless posts, especially flames and off topic shit in the sub forums.

This is genmay, we are what we are, and we’re the same as we’ve ever been. Don’t fucking whine about it, do something about it. Post nicer, pretend you’re having a conversation wth someone at a coffeeshop. Would you talk to someone the way you just posted? No, probably not.

The only thing genmay has lost is a sense of community and helpfulness. It still lives in some of the subforums. It’s 90% dead in the main forum. There’s no reason to try to kill it in the subforums.

In short:

Yes, this is a copy/pasta of something I wrote in a sub forum, but I wanted to air it out here. There’s constant whines of "genmay is going downhill" or "it’s MAYHEM, I can post whatever I want!" and that’s just not the case. It’s never ever been the case. Sleeman and code:mayhem used to be funny because they were the odd man out, and their flames were so ridiculous that you had to laugh at them. That and they used to put some work into them, unlike the copy/pasta we see these days.

What is genmay to you?

For me, genmay is a place with good memories, some people I like and subforums I enjoy browsing. The main forum is mostly dead to me, other than when I have to come in and ban some moron because he thinks it’s ok to just be an asshole because he’s protected by the word Mayhem in the forum name.
Read the original thread on the Gen[M]ay Forums!

Status
Not open for further replies.