The Fly Trap (Possibly NSFW)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My eyes glazeth over.

Though I did find biohydrometallurgy in looking for prokaryotic organisms; which I've never even heard of before. I'm glad this stuff gives someone the warm jigglies o.o

Edit: So when you go crazy and make an army of zombies and end up in an extended standoff with the FBI: I can have your stuff?

there's something for everyone out there.

i'll let you know when i'm close to snapping if i'm working with the section A agents in a few months :p for now i'm working with tame macrophages and trying to drive their differentiation, ie, make doublemint twins look like dr. jekyll and mr hyde. if i can manage to play God with these cells, that will be a huge leap. if i can make them recognize only cancer cell markers (when i find out what those are exclusively), then wham bam thank you for the nobel prize, ma'am

i left that and biochem at the door at the end of first year thank fuck

any of the riffraff afterwards was easy breezy

biochem can suck my left tit. i hate that shit. i'm glad it gets hidden in the stuff i do, like parents tricking their kids into eating their vegetables. cell biology is incredibly fascinating. to realize what goes on in an individual cell, and then look at how many cells we have in our bodies, mind=blown

biochem can suck my left tit. i hate that shit. i'm glad it gets hidden in the stuff i do, like parents tricking their kids into eating their vegetables. cell biology is incredibly fascinating. to realize what goes on in an individual cell, and then look at how many cells we have in our bodies, mind=blown

its fascinating an all but i couldn't really give two fucks about it after the amount i had to do. even a discovery channel documentary on epstein-barr gets flicked over to jeremy kyle.

when i leave class and the lab i blank out everything ive learned until the exams. that won't happen when i have to do the residency as id kill people.

its fascinating an all but i couldn't really give two fucks about it after the amount i had to do. even a discovery channel documentary on epstein-barr gets flicked over to jeremy kyle.

when i leave class and the lab i blank out everything ive learned until the exams. that won't happen when i have to do the residency as id kill people.

this is why i work with cells. i mess up in the lab, cells die. mess up after med school, people die (and i get sued). seriously, even after all the crap that's happened medically with my family it hasn't spurned me in the slightest to go clinical. my strengths are in research, so that's where i'll stay.

this is why i work with cells. i mess up in the lab, cells die. mess up after med school, people die (and i get sued). seriously, even after all the crap that's happened medically with my family it hasn't spurned me in the slightest to go clinical. my strengths are in research, so that's where i'll stay.

my lecturer asked me last week if i wanted to go into research, i think he got the words "absolutely" and "not" in series. i can't think of something i'd rather do less. timelines, airing cupboards and brown jars. i had enough of looking at dead latvians raphes thank you very much!

i can see it's a safe line of work though, a few of my friends are in research and wouldn't change it for the world. that being said, one of my friends just left his research job in animal nutrition research. he couldn't have detested it any more than he did by the end. i think he's just going to get a job in a bank now. :lol:

what attracts you to it? i could never lecture, though you have no timelines and a decent salary.

my lecturer asked me last week if i wanted to go into research, i think he got the words "absolutely" and "not" in series. i can't think of something i'd rather do less. timelines, airing cupboards and brown jars. i had enough of looking at dead latvians raphes thank you very much!

i can see it's a safe line of work though, a few of my friends are in research and wouldn't change it for the world. that being said, one of my friends just left his research job in animal nutrition research. he couldn't have detested it any more than he did by the end. i think he's just going to get a job in a bank now. :lol:

what attracts you to it? i could never lecture, though you have no timelines and a decent salary.

uh, you did the wrong labs then. my labs are pretty freakin sweet. i work with DNA, RNA, proteins, and very expensive and sexy equipment. i also design elegant experiments. the simpler, the sexier. it's all in what you want to do, it mostly starts with a seed of curiosity, then learning, then teaching and applying.
one of the things i learned this spring when i was training my replacements (4) and guest speaking at local schools is that i absolutely LOVE science. the general gist of empirical research and finding out the unknown. i have such great enthusiam for unlocking the unknown and it's gotten to the point where it's contagious. i've been in my current lab for a week and a half and already three people have told me they've learned something from me (big and small). you have to take so much of what you learn, from so many different areas of expertise, and apply them in one focal direction. conversely, you can take a small detail about something and run with it and make it huge. i know i'm talking circles about this and i could write a dissertation in itself about why i love what i do, but i'll dork out in the general direction of studying tonight :p

Status
Not open for further replies.