The Fly Trap (Possibly NSFW)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friends of mine and Pogosuzy's. Rather, just Pogosuzy's now. They were kind of immature over our breakup in taking sides and swearing they weren't going to, but now he has a new GF who is a good friend of the groom's (he introduced them. Did I mention she's still married?). I even talked to the bride last week before I was asked by a friend of mine if I got the invite and had bought plane tix yet. The gift was for her shower, which I helped put together as well. I am just...stunned and disappointed that at the very least they felt I didn't deserve a conversation about this.

They already have the gift. It was a gift card, since everything on their registry was tacky as all hell. They probably already spent it too.

In that case I would write them a strongly worded letter spelling out in detail that they are shitty people and you want the gift back.

totally grounds for asking for it back at this point. sounds like they're not your friends anymore. no harm in alienating them by demanding the gift be returned.

if they don't return it right away make something up about a gift from someone slighted places a ten year curse on their marriage. then cackle.

what would you do if you got disinvited to a wedding, after already purchasing and giving a gift?

Why would you give a wedding gift before someone is married?

Though in the terms of your question, and assuming the reason for the invitation being retracted don't fall into the category of acts of the gods, also assuming a malicious intent; break their legs or write a letter civilly asking for it back and proceed to post all blackmail material you can find on the internet.

Turning the other cheek is well and good, as my esteemed colleagues advise, but I take special delight in exacting revenge for petty slights.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.