The Fly Trap (Possibly NSFW)

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: Funniest fark headline Ive seen in a while:

that is pretty clever

I wore a belt this morning that I haven't put on in forever and after I got to work I realized why...it likes to spontaneously pop open...this should make for an interesting day

You'll need a new backplane if you switch to SATA, I think.

Edit: or does this model not have hot-swappable drives?
My thought was to remove the scsi backplane and just run sata cables to a 3ware card I may purchase. Depends on how cheap I can get some SCSI drives for it. I'd like to have some room.

Yes it has hotswap drive bays. 5 of them.

SCA style SCSI drives?

I think I have some 36 gig and 9 gig SCA drives from some older Poweredge 2500's. The 36's I think are 7200 RPM and the 9's are 10,000RPM if I remember correctly. I might have the hotswap trays for them too.

Lemme know if you're interested. You can have them cheap.

At the least, I'll probably want the trays/caddies for them, as this server comes with one, but needs four more. The server takes U160 or U320 drives, 80pin connectors (one without the separate power molex).
Trays look like these.

My thought was to remove the scsi backplane and just run sata cables to a 3ware card I may purchase. Depends on how cheap I can get some SCSI drives for it. I'd like to have some room.

Yes it has hotswap drive bays. 5 of them.

At the least, I'll probably want the trays/caddies for them, as this server comes with one, but needs four more. The server takes U160 or U320 drives, 80pin connectors (one without the separate power molex).
Trays look like these.

My trays won't fit, they are the older style.

My trays won't fit, they are the older style.
It's alright.

I fixed two minor issues with the server. First the floppy would come up with an error every time on boot. Took the drive out and reseated the floppy ribbon. Then the RAC was messed up throwing an error every time on boot (had to hit F1 to continue). Turns out its firmware was corrupted. Reprogrammed it fresh, and fixed that error. All the hardware appears functional. Man this bitch is loud.

11wcwva.png

Last edited:
wooo, gourmet catered exec meeting again...having grilled chicken, some lentil paste kind of stuff, ahi tuna salad that has green beans, bits of red potato and mixed greens in it, this funky yellow rice that I just had to pull a cinnamon stick out of, some sushi, a couple crackers and brie, and a rice krispie treat :) yum

Right as I was about to go to bed last night my roommate and his girlfriend show up and start playing Rock band. 3 hours later I go to bed. Some days I want to kick myself. It's going to be a long day.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░█████░░██░░██░░█████░░██░░██░░
░░██░░░░░██░░██░░██░░░░░██░██░░░
░░█████░░██░░██░░██░░░░░████░░░░
░░██░░░░░██░░██░░██░░░░░██░██░░░
░░██░░░░░██████░░█████░░██░░██░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░██░░██░██████░░██░░██░░░░░
░░░░░░░████░░██░░██░░██░░██░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██░░░██░░██░░██░░██░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██░░░██░░██░░██░░██░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██░░░██████░░██████░░░░░