The Fly Trap (Possibly NSFW)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to put on my belt today and had to use the next tighter notch. I dont feel as if I have lost weight and have not weighed myself so I am not sure. Ever since I have bought this belt though I have used the same hole which was to loose this morning.

that's a good feeling...I dropped two notches between january and may...I fell off the exercise wagon for the summer though and am back up a notch...time to start doing pushups and stomach crunches again

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Game of the Year Edition. With expansion packs Knight of the Nine and Shivering Isles already included in the package, this Game of the Year Edition is almost a must buy for those who haven't played the original Oblivion. For everyone else who already invested hours on their characters, it's still a very attractive deal. New quests, areas to explore, and enemies to conquer are too good to miss.

comes out september 10th for xbox 360!

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/rpg/morrowindgoty/index.html

that's a good feeling...I dropped two notches between january and may...I fell off the exercise wagon for the summer though and am back up a notch...time to start doing pushups and stomach crunches again

Yeah, I dont feel it though and cant visually tell a difference. I am going to start my daily walks tonight since that is the only thing I havent been doing. I have just been climbing my stairs 20 - 30 laps a night and that is a fairly good workout. Along with my weights, push ups, sit ups and inclines. I just dont know how far I can walk so I dont wanna go to far :fly:. Tonight I am going to attempt a walk around the major roads, starkey to ulmerton, ulmerton to missouri, missouri to east bay back to starkey and home.
Anyone know a site that I could figure out the milage on that?

Yeah, I dont feel it though and cant visually tell a difference. I am going to start my daily walks tonight since that is the only thing I havent been doing. I have just been climbing my stairs 20 - 30 laps a night and that is a fairly good workout. Along with my weights, push ups, sit ups and inclines. I just dont know how far I can walk so I dont wanna go to far :fly:. Tonight I am going to attempt a walk around the major roads, starkey to ulmerton, ulmerton to missouri, missouri to east bay back to starkey and home.
Anyone know a site that I could figure out the milage on that?

You can draw lines with Google Earth that tell you mileage, I think you can drag the lines around on google Maps for a custom route as well.

You can draw lines with Google Earth that tell you mileage, I think you can drag the lines around on google Maps for a custom route as well.

Cool, actually April just sent me a link to a site that mapped it out for me. The square route I plan on taking is 6 miles. I honestly am not sure if I can do 6 miles though cause I am so outta shape still. How long do you think 6 miles is gonna take?

I called my roomie to make sure he will be home for when I attempt it, just in case I need him to pick me up half way :fly:

Cool, actually April just sent me a link to a site that mapped it out for me. The square route I plan on taking is 6 miles. I honestly am not sure if I can do 6 miles though cause I am so outta shape still. How long do you think 6 miles is gonna take?

I called my roomie to make sure he will be home for when I attempt it, just in case I need him to pick me up half way :fly:

broham.. tap the breaks.. don't wear yourself out so much the FIRST time that it a) makes you insanely sore and/or b) makes you not want to ever do it again due to a.

a relatively brisk pace is 4 mph.. i do about that on the treadmill usually.. so it's about 15 minutes per mile.. my suggestion is do 30 minutes every day or every other night this first week or two .. just walk 15 minutes one way, turn around and come home. like we discussed, it's better to do 45 minutes brisk walk (for fatburning) than to cover the same distance (running) in half the time. (i would estimate it will take you about two hours to cover 6 miles)

burn a fatty, put on the ipod, and take off.

congrats on the belt tightening..

i'm with WAW, i fall off the fitness wagon in the summer, but i've been pretty good the last 3 weeks or so.. getting stronger.. longer, better, faster, stronger (or whatever the hell kanye says, lol)

Theac originally posted this here a looooong time ago:

http://www.badbros.net/jetbike.html

I thought this was an awesome idea at the time and have followed their progress off and on since then, looks like they are almost ready for running the bike.

Of course, I want one for myself :D and did a little research back then but decided I couldn't even start playing around with turbines due to the cost involved. Somehow I missed this site before, but I found it today:

http://www.junkyardjet.com

broham.. tap the breaks.. don't wear yourself out so much the FIRST time that it a) makes you insanely sore and/or b) makes you not want to ever do it again due to a.

a relatively brisk pace is 4 mph.. i do about that on the treadmill usually.. so it's about 15 minutes per mile.. my suggestion is do 30 minutes every day or every other night this first week or two .. just walk 15 minutes one way, turn around and come home. like we discussed, it's better to do 45 minutes brisk walk (for fatburning) than to cover the same distance (running) in half the time. (i would estimate it will take you about two hours to cover 6 miles)

burn a fatty, put on the ipod, and take off.

congrats on the belt tightening..

i'm with WAW, i fall off the fitness wagon in the summer, but i've been pretty good the last 3 weeks or so.. getting stronger.. longer, better, faster, stronger (or whatever the hell kanye says, lol)

Well It is a direct square [ ] around the area and there isnt really a shorter route. I could turn around after 15 minutes but I really just wanna see if I can do it. Maybe you are right and I should start small but I kind of want to amp up now. I have been doing 20 minutes a night on my stairs for the past 2 weeks so IMO I have already started. I will see how I feel after I get down to Seminole, thats about 2 miles of the walk. If I turn back there then that is a 4 mile round trip so we shall see. Plus there are plenty of stores at which I can stop for refreshments on the way if needed.

don't stop. keep that heart rate up. bring a water bottle.

four miles is plenty. but yeah, would agree you've already started. tho when we talked on the phone last week you had just finished with your stair routine and you weren't even breathing hard.

don't stop. keep that heart rate up. bring a water bottle.

four miles is plenty. but yeah, would agree you've already started. tho when we talked on the phone last week you had just finished with your stair routine and you weren't even breathing hard.

Bwahahahahha, sir, I couldnt move after the first time I did the stairs. That wasnt right after I got off the stairs, I couldnt breath for about 10 minutes after :fly:. Now it is obviously easier to manage but since I am a smoker it is still hard to breath after. Last time I almost fell down my last lap on on the stairs, lol.

I feel good today though and there is a breeze so I will see how far I can make it. I think I will start at 6, right after rush hour and walk for at least an hour depending on how I feel when that hour is up. I have always had very strong legs from skateboarding/baseball and the constant weight on them :fly:. Depending on how I can handle the heat I will probably go buy a new board tomorrow after work so I have an alternative to just walking.

Status
Not open for further replies.