The Fly Trap (Possibly NSFW)

Status
Not open for further replies.
you make it sound like it was an inconvenience to be bothered going to work...most employers don't dig on that

Meh, my job isn't based upon a typical 9-5 schedule nor is it a 40 hour per week job. Stuff needs to get done, I do it, we call it a day :fly: This is why I could never cut it in the corporate world, I work to live, I don't live to work.

Meh, my job isn't based upon a typical 9-5 schedule nor is it a 40 hour per week job. Stuff needs to get done, I do it, we call it a day :fly: This is why I could never cut it in the corporate world, I work to live, I don't live to work.

if my schedule permits I can sit on my ass all day and play video games but I still have to physically be here...appearances are important at work...no one promotes someone who doesn't give a fuck and is never there...usually that lands you at the unemployment line

if my schedule permits I can sit on my ass all day and play video games but I still have to physically be here...appearances are important at work...no one promotes someone who doesn't give a fuck and is never there...usually that lands you at the unemployment line

Well we have entirely different employment situations... it's unreasonable to apply your work requirements to my situation as I said before, I am not corporate material and this is not a corporate job.

The only way I could get "promoted" here is by getting my medical degree and passing the neurology boards :fly:

As I work out of the main business office, the parnters have to phone in to speak with me anyway, so it's just as easy to call my cell as it is to call my office (easier actually since they don't have to deal with the retarded receptionists to call my cell).

We do very different things, if I have to fix a doctor's computer, it means driving to his house to fix it, not going to a different office within the same building. I have a laptop I take with me everywhere (including vacation) and I can do work from anywhere. As we have multiple offices, it's crucial that my job be portable, so it's just as easy to do from home in my jammies with doggies sleeping on my toes than it is to schlep 30+ miles in the rain to sit at my desk here.

Well we have entirely different employment situations... it's unreasonable to apply your work requirements to my situation as I said before, I am not corporate material and this is not a corporate job.

The only way I could get "promoted" here is by getting my medical degree and passing the neurology boards :fly:

As I work out of the main business office, the parnters have to phone in to speak with me anyway, so it's just as easy to call my cell as it is to call my office (easier actually since they don't have to deal with the retarded receptionists to call my cell).

We do very different things, if I have to fix a doctor's computer, it means driving to his house to fix it, not going to a different office within the same building. I have a laptop I take with me everywhere (including vacation) and I can do work from anywhere. As we have multiple offices, it's crucial that my job be portable, so it's just as easy to do from home in my jammies with doggies sleeping on my toes than it is to schlep 30+ miles in the rain to sit at my desk here.

you have a boss or manager, right?

you have a boss or manager, right?

I answer directly to the partners, mainly the managing partner. The office has an Office Manager (Esther) who I refer to as my boss or the boss but that's like a term of affection. I don't have anything to do really with the normal day to day operations around here... which is why my setup is in the basement away from the daily to-do around here :fly:

There isn't even a job description for what I do... because it's everything having to do with the actual business end of the practice, not the daily operations and patient care and stuff.

:lol:Theres almost no photo that adding that man to wont make funny

picture.php

Status
Not open for further replies.