The Fly Trap (Possibly NSFW)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get that oh so fun sleep paralysis. It has been as bad since my teens but every once in a while I experience. Pretty much, you wake up but feel like you cannot move or speak. It feels like something is heavy on your chest. Its really scary, but now that I know what it is I can talk myself through it.

I get that too, but not as often. When I wake up from these I'm paralysed while the room augments again around me. The place in my dream is very similar to my room, but not quite.

I guess I should get up, shower and go and see someone in the know about this. Waiting for a prof to get back to you is like talking to a wall.

Sleep paralysis is so horrible. I get it sometimes.

I've done a few over night sleep observations. They are a little weird but not too too bad.

FYI: Today is a Woot Off on woot.com It's where they do awesome sales all day and start new ones as soon as the previous items sell out. Typically some very good deals.

Dude I still think that we're related.

I slept like a baby last night. Dont even recall any dreams.

I rarely ever remember my dreams.

That's how I used to be. Since they've started I used my limited psych knowledge to create a dream diary, which sounds kinda like something fly has, but this is just a record of what time i woke up at, how different this nightmare was from the previous one and then I go back to sleep. I've compiled them to see if there's a trend. There is, but I can't interpret it and I doubt any psych lecturers bizzaro interpretation will allow me to sleep any easier. But this will please them enough hopefully to dope me today, rather than send me away with a lucky bag of shitty ideas and breathing exercises.

When I first started sleeping with my boyfriend he had sleep apnea and that scared the crap out of me. He wouldn't breathe for well over a minute at times, or it seemed so anyway. I'd stay awake all night and keep having to slap him awake because I thought he'd die. In the end he slept on the sofa a lot of the time so we could actually sleep well.

I get that too, but not as often. When I wake up from these I'm paralysed while the room augments again around me. The place in my dream is very similar to my room, but not quite.

I guess I should get up, shower and go and see someone in the know about this. Waiting for a prof to get back to you is like talking to a wall.

Yes, I noticed that. Like normal dreams my house will be my dream house. In the sleep paralysis its very real. Which is very confusing.

When I first started sleeping with my boyfriend he had sleep apnea and that scared the crap out of me. He wouldn't breathe for well over a minute at times, or it seemed so anyway. I'd stay awake all night and keep having to slap him awake because I thought he'd die. In the end he slept on the sofa a lot of the time so we could actually sleep well.

Sounds like just the guy.

http://www.royal-navy.mod.uk/server/show/nav.6022

Yes, I noticed that. Like normal dreams my house will be my dream house. In the sleep paralysis its very real. Which is very confusing.

My room is often rearranged, but the furniture is still the same. The window might be bigger, but it'll be in the same place etc.

It's odd, becuase I don't get these. I'm stressed, yes, but no more so than usual for being a student. It's not even exam time. I guess I just returned from a period of very low stress, but this wouldn't effect me either as I was plunged straight back into work.

Radiolab did an episode on sleep.

Download the mp3, then wait until the end of the day when you won't be distracted. Turn down the lights, get comfortable, and put it on. You'll be amazed.

http://www.wnyc.org/shows/radiolab/episodes/2007/05/25

They talk about dreaming, night terrors, why we sleep... all kinds of good stuff. They have such great voices it's actually also a good thing to go to sleep listening to.

Last edited:
yeah, and it really wasn't for a fun reason either :p

awww, huggles.

super8motel8586.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.