The Fly Trap (Possibly NSFW)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Medical update: x-rays show no fractures in my ribs, however some fluid is showing up in my right lung and it appears to be partially collapsed, which is weird since I haven't suffered any trauma. They're scheduling me for a cat scan of the area. May not be a gallbladder thing, or it could be complicated.

:heart: let us know when you find something!!! :eek:

at least you weren't up all night :(

i didn't get any sleep all night - then i missed my only two classes today because i slept in.

i've been getting intense night terrors lately.. last night from what i wrote down i had 5 from 1am-7am... so i got absolutely no sleep. the time in between i was awake. they were all on the same topic too, like previous nights.

i didn't get any sleep all night - then i missed my only two classes today because i slept in.

i've been getting intense night terrors lately.. last night from what i wrote down i had 5 from 1am-7am... so i got absolutely no sleep. the time in between i was awake. they were all on the same topic too, like previous nights.

What topic?
Kids trying to steal your lucky charms?

What topic?
Kids trying to steal your lucky charms?

:lol:

it actually seems pretty in-depth. i never have bad dreams, and the distinction between night terrors and nightmares is from what i remember from first year that nightmares occur in REM, and generally you'll have 1 bad one a night. these seem to occur every time i fall asleep, I keep a clock beside my bed, so I can tell the average time for me to wake up again was 40 minutes.

the smart money says that i should go and talk to one of my professors in the know about this.. because i can't particularly continue on when im unable to sleep due to extreme circumstances...

weird, I've been sleeping like shit lately too...keep waking up at 2am wide awake and then fall back asleep at 5 or 6 :\

weird, I've been sleeping like shit lately too...keep waking up at 2am wide awake and then fall back asleep at 5 or 6 :\

yeah this has only been a recent thing for me... maybe starting about 3 weeks ago. but i never had it before now.

it's just really odd.. and odd that i fall back asleep and dream about exactly the same thing again.

yeah this has only been a recent thing for me... maybe starting about 3 weeks ago. but i never had it before now.

it's just really odd.. and odd that i fall back asleep and dream about exactly the same thing again.

my best friend has had night terrors since she was around 8 years old. they're not so much dreams as bad hallucinations that happen in your sleep, is the best way i can put them. hers range from the completely bizarre, like she can't find the number 50 and will wake up screaming that and wake everyone else up within a 200ft radius that she can't find 50; to there's someone in her room, and she keeps thinking its' a nightmare but she wakes up and there's someone in her room, and then she wakes up and there's someone in her room, etc. she really needs to go to a sleep clinic but her insurance won't cover it :(

my best friend has had night terrors since she was around 8 years old. they're not so much dreams as bad hallucinations that happen in your sleep, is the best way i can put them. hers range from the completely bizarre, like she can't find the number 50 and will wake up screaming that and wake everyone else up within a 200ft radius that she can't find 50; to there's someone in her room, and she keeps thinking its' a nightmare but she wakes up and there's someone in her room, and then she wakes up and there's someone in her room, etc. she really needs to go to a sleep clinic but her insurance won't cover it :(

Nah, I won't go to a sleep clinic. Voodoo if you ask me.

I have a bit of psychology experience, but I'm hoping that a lect can provide some sort of tranquilizer for me instead. There's no real way for me to deal with it other than writing it down, having a think about it then going back to sleep. It doesn't work, so the only real option I have is to drug induce sleep. Which isn't pleasent, of course, but neither is missing important classes...

I get that oh so fun sleep paralysis. It has been as bad since my teens but every once in a while I experience. Pretty much, you wake up but feel like you cannot move or speak. It feels like something is heavy on your chest. Its really scary, but now that I know what it is I can talk myself through it.

Sleep paralysis is so horrible. I get it sometimes.

I've done a few over night sleep observations. They are a little weird but not too too bad.

FYI: Today is a Woot Off on woot.com It's where they do awesome sales all day and start new ones as soon as the previous items sell out. Typically some very good deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.