The Fly Trap (Possibly NSFW)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because my receiver doesn't support all the Blu-Ray goodies. :(

And I'm not replacing it.

It'll be analog multi-channel for me from the HTPC.

Uh, rip the disc, transcode and downmix the audio to something your receiver does like, remux, and serve off the HTPC. No need for all this crazy talk like "the sky is falling" and "I think I'll use analog".

Uh, rip the disc, transcode and downmix the audio to something your receiver does like, remux, and serve off the HTPC. No need for all this crazy talk like "the sky is falling" and "I think I'll use analog".
nice theory, but doing that for every movie sounds like a pain in the ass.

nice theory, but doing that for every movie sounds like a pain in the ass.
What theory? Put it in the computer, have the machine run a batch script when it recognizes a blu-ray movie, and poof. You don't even have do anything. Once in, its always available as VOD. You can then store movies away where they can't be damaged. Many a parent has thanked me for this as children apparently enjoy destroying DVDs and now Blu-Ray discs.

yeah, these give privacy but let a lot of light in which I actually like and plus the windows are 10ft+ high/long and these curtains are 11-12ft long...they are always closed but the place is still bright because of the amount of windows and how big they are...I think I like the idea of doing a 180 with the living room because I don't want it to be a dungeon

LE01-07CUTNS.jpg

It's all about the layers

you know

like ogres

ask fase. he knows about ogres:fly:

Status
Not open for further replies.