The Fly Trap (Possibly NSFW)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would you pronounce this child's name: 'Le-a' ???

Leah?? NO
Lee - A?? NOPE
Lay - a?? NO
Lei?? Guess Again.

It's pronounced 'Ledasha' Oh yes...you read it right. This child attends a school in Livingston Parish, LA. Her mother
is irate because everyone is getting her name wrong.

SO, if you see something come across your desk like this please remember to pronounce it correctly.

When the mother was asked about the pronunciation of the name,she said 'the dash don't be silent.'

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

you couldn't make this isht up.

guess that MSRA (MRSA, whatever, I'm not reading 5 pages again) is growing in cases though. there were several signs at my son's college tuesday about "Guard against MSRA, WASH YOUR HANDS"

and I think I've seen it mentioned on several of the weekly news shows.

It's not growing, it's easier to detect now.

40 years ago we didn't have the technology to spot what killed someone in a hospital, so we'd chalk it up to what they were admitted with. A post-mortem back then wouldn't have found much either.

Now, with how easy it is to detect we can pencil in a lot more deaths due to hospital varients and infection. It's easily treated if spotted now, but due to it's resistence it gained notoriety.

All this bollox about BACK IN MY DAY IT WERE A MATRON WHAT CLEANED THE WARDS is shit. Antibacterial agents were primative, water wasn't effectively treated, public health was a mystery etc. Though I have quite a few problems of my own with my particular area which I won't go into here because I'm writing to the BMJ under a pseudoname about them and their cleanliness :p

I hear that something like 5% of people are MRSA carriers. Not sure if that's the actual number, but it was shockingly high to me.

Staphylococcus aureus is incredibly common, the amount of carriers is higher than that.

The resistant strain? not so much, it's still fairly rare.

Leah?? NO
Lee - A?? NOPE
Lay - a?? NO
Lei?? Guess Again.

It's pronounced 'Ledasha' Oh yes...you read it right. This child attends a school in Livingston Parish, LA. Her mother

SO, if you see something come across your desk like this please remember to pronounce it correctly.

When the mother was asked about the pronunciation of the name,she said 'the dash don't be silent.'

I can picture you relating this story about one of your kids. :lol:

Leah?? NO
Lee - A?? NOPE
Lay - a?? NO
Lei?? Guess Again.

People this dumb shouldn't be allowed to breed.

Leah?? NO
Lee - A?? NOPE
Lay - a?? NO
Lei?? Guess Again.

Tell her the dash do be silent and to stfu

I can tell you're a hand washer though - don't want any grubby stains on your whites son!

hahahaha.. I've gotten better the last few years. I've never been a germaphobe, but I finally just realized that being around 600 kids a day might be a festering spot for god knows what.

and since the baby arrived, yeah, even more.

shal, you should force feed her a couple bottle of
spice2%20002.jpg

DJ AM — who, along with Travis Barker, was one of the only survivors of a plane crash last month — is on the mend after sustaining second- and third-degree burns to his face and left arm. The DJ seems to be recuperating relatively quickly, as he's been tapped to perform with Jay-Z in Hollywood Wednesday night.

According to his publicist, Jenni Weinman, AM will serve as the rapper's DJ during his set, which will mark the reopening of the Palladium Theater. While Weinman couldn't provide a complete list of Jay's tour dates, she did say AM would be accompanying the rapper on the road to act as his DJ for the entire tour.

Jay-Z has only two other dates scheduled on his calendar: October 16 in Houston and October 25 in Charlottesville, Virginia.

AM (born Adam Goldstein) told People magazine that the gig with Jay, whom he called "the greatest rapper in the world," is "the biggest thing that's happened in my career."

AM was released from an Atlanta burn center less than a week after the September 19 crash, and doctors expect he and Barker will eventually make full recoveries.

Wednesday's show with Jay-Z will be the DJ's first since the crash, which claimed the lives of four people: the plane's two pilots; Barker's assistant, Chris "Lil Chris" Baker; and Barker's bodyguard, Charles "Che" Still. Mark Ronson, Steve Aoki, Mix Master Mike and other DJs are hosting a party for DJ AM Tuesday night (October 14), the proceeds of which will benefit the families of the accident's victims

Status
Not open for further replies.