The Fly Trap (Possibly NSFW)

Status
Not open for further replies.
it depends on the country...anyone living at their parents in the US that is passed college age is seen as a failure...I was only home for summers starting at age 13

And I think anyone over 16 still living with parents is a failure. If they're perfectly capable of functioning on their own. Some people with downs syndrome are, some aren't. It's not expected that they should move out, so it all depends on whether the parents think they can cope. My fella's step brother has downs syndrome and he still lives at home, even though his mum is 60 or so. They don't mind.

it depends on the country...anyone living at their parents in the US that is passed college age is seen as a failure...I was only home for summers starting at age 13

you are not the NORM either. an extremely small percentage (read: rich folk) of Americans attend boarding school.

that being said, I was only at my parents in summers from 18 to 22. solo ever since.

the boomerang child phenomenon has grown exponentially the last 15 years.

you are not the NORM either. an extremely small percentage (read: rich folk) of Americans attend boarding school.

that being said, I was only at my parents in summers from 18 to 22. solo ever since.

The government seem to think it's beacause of mortgages and the fact you can't get one. I've lived on my own since I turned 16 no problem, just because you live away from home doesn't mean you have to buy one of the bloody things. And if I could survive without even enough money for food for over a year I think most people could manage, they just need a backbone. But that's just me.

The government seem to think it's beacause of mortgages and the fact you can't get one. I've lived on my own since I turned 16 no problem, just because you live away from home doesn't mean you have to buy one of the bloody things. And if I could survive without even enough money for food for over a year I think most people could manage, they just need a backbone. But that's just me.

Are kids done with highschool at 16 over thar?

oh, I know it's not the norm...just illustrating the range...25 living at home here stinks of loserosity

Hey do you guys want to club baby seals after this?
BRING IT ON!

cgon311l.jpg

I guess my point is.. there are RISKS with just about anything you do. driving your car, getting married, and having babies.\ for example

you don't necc NOT do it bec of the risks associated.

seals... stat.

Well considering they didn't 'do' this to their child I probably could live. Downs syndrome is just the fact that a set of chromosomes don't form properly, not something that happens due to personal choices. It can happen at any age, would it be a 20 year olds 'fault' if their kid was slightly retarded due to recessive genetics or downs syndrome? I don't think so.

I am talking about high-risks. When a person KNOWS that having a child is high risk. Either it be age, drug usage, or known genetic malformities.

If you knowingly get preggo with whatever condition that more than likely will hurt the baby, you are a tard.

And I think anyone over 16 still living with parents is a failure.
Considering most kids are in high school still at 16-19 over here, that's not a fair assessment of youths in the US.

You're also not legally allowed to work enough hours (before you are 18) during the school year to conceivably support yourself in many areas. Then there is the whole guardianship issue, presuming you want to be entirely self sufficient you'll need to petition the court for self-guardianship before the age of 18. Good luck with that.

I guess my point is.. there are RISKS with just about anything you do. driving your car, getting married, and having babies.\ for example

you don't necc NOT do it bec of the risks associated.

seals... stat.

Exactly, but when you know the risks are much higher it may be the best idea to fold your cards.

I am talking about high-risks. When a person KNOWS that having a child is high risk. Either it be age, drug usage, or known genetic malformities.

If you knowingly get preggo with whatever condition that more than likely will hurt the baby, you are a tard.

ALL pregnancies are high risk.

Crap can happen to anyone.

Sure, age is a risk factor but there are others that are far worse.

Do you REALLY want to anger the lesbians by saying they can't get pregnant at 40? :fly: I sure as hell don't

ALL pregnancies are high risk.

Crap can happen to anyone.

Sure, age is a risk factor but there are others that are far worse.

Do you REALLY want to anger the lesbians by saying they can't get pregnant at 40? :fly: I sure as hell don't

You should take the other factors into consideration before becoming pregnant. Again, I assume that these are planned pregnancies. If not, you should do whatever your conscience dictates.

Status
Not open for further replies.