The Fly Trap (Possibly NSFW)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to call GWI and up my bandwidth. The basic plan just doesn't cut it.

Shame they only have 1 meg up though.

Any idea if there Colo prices are reasonable?

No clue, been tempted to call and ask. I wonder if they'd do colo in the actual CO, given they own their own racks, and they already have Cisco switches on their rack.. Only caveat would be the rackmount server being short in depth and has to have -48VDC psu.

Last edited:
No clue, been tempted to call and ask. I wonder if they'd do colo in the actual CO, given they own their own racks, and they already have Cisco switches on their rack.. Only caveat would be the rackmount server being short in depth and has to have -48VDC psu.

They also have colo on Cumberland Ave in Portland. I think it's in the "Colo Hotel" deal that got built years back.

The specs look good on the website, and they give you a 5meg pipe. Key card access, AC power, plenty of static IP's.

They also have colo on Cumberland Ave in Portland. I think it's in the "Colo Hotel" deal that got built years back.

The specs look good on the website, and they give you a 5meg pipe. Key card access, AC power, plenty of static IP's.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_city_center ?

GWI also recently dumped cogent as one of their upstream ISPs, which was a good move from what I understand Cogent provides really basic shitty internet access.

If I could get a decent server put together, I wouldn't mind splitting the 14U colo costs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_city_center ?

GWI also recently dumped cogent as one of their upstream ISPs, which was a good move from what I understand Cogent provides really basic shitty internet access.

If I could get a decent server put together, I wouldn't mind splitting the 14U colo costs.

One City is seperate, but not too far away from the Cumby colo.

One City has Neon, Time Warner (I think), and Verizon in the basement. Shit ton of fiber runs through that building.

Good to hear they dumped Cogent. They blow.

Status
Not open for further replies.