The Fly Trap (Possibly NSFW)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bleh, the Presidential debate is on and preventing a new episode of House and Fringe from airing.

:rolleyes:

You think Fox would choose to air original programming since there market penetration isn't as big as the big three networks and it's unlikely someone would miss the debate if they didn't air it.

Not everyone wants to watch guys try to prove they have the bigger presidential penis.

Well, exciting day. The real estate crisis that spread to the financial sector is still hurting the real estate market. I got a sort of "good news, bad news" talk at the end of the day.

I get Friday's off until further notice! Yay!

My paycheque will decrease by 20%! Boo!

There are a couple ways to frame it. We laid off 20% of our work force, but we spread the load evenly so we all got 20% laid off.

and the boss is selling his Lincoln Navigator and Town Car (holding on to the BMW and Lambo), and putting the boats and motorcycles on ice so he can cancel the insurance.

It's tighten the belt time until January when the cash buyers start thinking "summer home"

im somewhat getting a pattern back..

finally got my big rothko print up on the wall and some new ensuite furniture

time for bed now.. up at 7.30am =[

That is scary... good thinking on the company's part not canning 20% of you guys...
yeah. we're down to the core employees already. they can't get rid of anyone else without breaking the system. plus, i think the long weekends will be fun for a while.
Hopefully the beginning of the new year will see real estate prices come back.

Though some areas are still bloody expensive, those can stay cheap :p
prices are only down 2-3% here. they shouldn't go much lower.

we do mostly custom homes though. someone in that market doesn't buy, they build. now is a great time to build because everyone in the industry is hungry. the main deterrent is timing. Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years all lead to lots of parties, travelling and generally full schedules. Our prospective clients won't be in until things calm down after the holidays. inshallah

Last edited:
Hopefully the beginning of the new year will see real estate prices come back.

Though some areas are still bloody expensive, those can stay cheap :p

Yeah were gonna try and grab an acre or so before the upswing.
I have a couple of plots scouted out and Im betting I can haggle them down on the price.
Well see.

At this point I think pretty much everyone knows who they are going to vote for so the increase in exposure just burns everyone out on politics going into the election.

prices are only down 2-3% here. they shouldn't go much lower.
That's not bad, they're lower than that here and oddly higher in some areas I've been looking at :wtf:.

Land prices seem to have soared in other areas. :(

we do mostly custom homes though. someone in that market doesn't buy, they build. now is a great time to build because everyone in the industry is hungry. the main deterrent is timing. Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years all lead to lots of parties, travelling and generally full schedules. Our prospective clients won't be in until things calm down after the holidays. inshallah
Up here there is the stigma of building in the winter :fly:

one of the body language clues that someone is lying their ass off is rapid blinking...mccain blinked pretty much every single second of the night...wow

one of the body language clues that someone is lying their ass off is rapid blinking...mccain blinked pretty much every single second of the night...wow
that's because his eyelids are losing elasticity due to age. if he stops blinking his eyes fall out.

If that isn't enough to convince someone, then maybe the fact that he would only speak in sweeping generalities, and not get into any kind of details at all, should.

that's because his eyelids are losing elasticity due to age. if he stops blinking his eyes fall out.

:lol:

If that isn't enough to convince someone, then maybe the fact that he would only speak in sweeping generalities, and not get into any kind of details at all, should.

I missed it last night and am watching a re-broadcast right now...mclame is failing miserably on the substance

And yet women blink twice as much as men? What does that say about women? I'm not sure it's all that finite anyway, I've read that it depends on the personality type as to what the indicators for lying are.

Status
Not open for further replies.