The Fly Trap (Possibly NSFW)

Status
Not open for further replies.
any ssid can be found with something as stupid as netstumbler so we'd have someone from CBS in a van a 1/2 mile away with a pringles can aimed at us hacking our network from the inside...no bueno

Well, I guess CNN would be too big to use MAC address validation against the WAP, so I guess I can buy that.

I did work at a college that had a BootP server set up on loonix. Every MAC address needed to be entered into a text file so it could get an IP.

What a pain in the ass. The guy who set all the loonix shit up left and only one guy remained who was allowed to touch any of that stuff.

I was so happy when we got them to buy a real firewall and not leave the entire network open to the world. :rolleyes:

last night i was going to make a roast, a salad and grilled asparagus for dinner. when i got home from getting groceries i thought i'd just crack the bag of chips i got to take the edge off before cooking.

i had chips for dinner last night.

I did work at a college that had a BootP server set up on loonix. Every MAC address needed to be entered into a text file so it could get an IP.

What a pain in the ass. The guy who set all the loonix shit up left and only one guy remained who was allowed to touch any of that stuff.

I was so happy when we got them to buy a real firewall and not leave the entire network open to the world. :rolleyes:

also forgot to mention that mac addresses can be spoofed so that offers zero security along with hidden SSID

same person just now...they redocked their laptop and it wasn't working...turns out they pretty much unplugged everything from the back of the dock trying figure out how to get it undocked :tard:

also forgot to mention that mac addresses can be spoofed so that offers zero security along with hidden SSID

same person just now...they redocked their laptop and it wasn't working...turns out they pretty much unplugged everything from the back of the dock trying figure out how to get it undocked :tard:

Give them a Fisher Price kiddie laptop instead. Maybe they can handle that.

when i was looking for the dog last night i left the back door of the house open. i'd go drive around for a bit with the windows down and a flashlight (for shining down alleys) looking for her. after covering several blocks i'd go back to the house to see if she'd returned.

one time when i got back i was feeling exhausted, and i was standing there on the front porch trying to think of where to drive to next time when i remembered that a friend's cigarettes (left at my house over the weekend) were in my mailbox waiting for pickup, along with a pack of matches. I wouldn't say i got close to having one, but the thought definitely crossed my mind.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.